VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who knew that whether a player can get to the ball or not is a factor in a VAR penalty decision?
Perhaps it's on the "Reasons why you don't give a pen against Utd"
(The Haaland non decision in the 2nd half and part of the check process for the Rodri Pen.)

Once again Gary has been allowed to get into everyone's homes and heads.
Just as he did with "tactical" fouling, he has added a prefix and the masses and media have bought it hook line and sinker! This time it's "soft" - when really it should be "nailed on". Not one person on the planet thinks it wasn't a penalty according to the rules of the game.
But yep, don't forget to add "soft", because Gary says so.

Last edited:
It has.

Laughable seeing you and the other bloke straight into this thread when we get a decision in our favour.

Where have you been for the rest of this week and the usual VAR bullshit in matches?

How do you define ruining football ?

attendances and global viewing figures are continuing to increase. how has VAR ruined football ?

I wont jump in every time officials get a wrong decision, because it will always happen - I've never argued VAR will get everything totally right. I've always said we have a system that can give refs a second chance of looking and a system that can tweak improvements year on year, we never had that with the old way of officiating.

How do you define ruining football ?

attendances and global viewing figures are continuing to increase. how has VAR ruined football ?

I wont jump in every time officials get a wrong decision, because it will always happen - I've never argued VAR will get everything totally right. I've always said we have a system that can give refs a second chance of looking and a system that can tweak improvements year on year, we never had that with the old way of officiating.
How about it's ruining the enjoyment of match going fans..no fucker who sits near me wants Var

Let's be honest ...Var is crap..just because WE got a decision doesn't alter that.
Maybe you should be more concerned about losing to Everton

It' not great.

But neither was officials allowing clear offside goals to stand, clear dives in the box being given as penalties, red card challenges unseen etc etc.

No form of officiating will please. but having tech help can at least improve the chances of the correct outcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.