VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wait till dermott/webb has his say
Here it is.
So much bollocks being spouted here. If it happens every week then give the foul ffs.
Since when has potentially penalising fouls every week been a reason not to give them? It’s a foul. Give the pen. Don’t care if it happens every week cos it shouldn’t be happening in the first place

No one put you in charge. You post something on here and people can respond to that.

I’m not responding to your as hominem nonsense.

I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than PM you, but thanks for the offer.

You follow me round the forums like a bad fucking fart.

Can’t stand me but can’t resist it seems.

Don’t fancy a PM? Try hitting the ignore button then.

It has.

Laughable seeing you and the other bloke straight into this thread when we get a decision in our favour.

Where have you been for the rest of this week and the usual VAR bullshit in matches?
You realise that every team’s fans think they get done over by VAR?

Its a pen Neville (begrudgingly), Keane, Danny Murphy, Given, etc all said it was. I’ts the type of decision thats not given enough granted but its a clear penalty!!
Agreed but I’d be in a tiny minority saying the above had it gone against Haaland for doing the same to Maguire. The vast vast majority would be screaming fix on here. You know it, I know it, my cat even knows it.

The problem is, a lot of the time nothing is given for that offence, not that what Hojlund did wasn't a foul. Which is what a lot of the whinging has been about. And I can see their point, to be honest. You watch any corner, moreso the defenders (yes, including ours); it's like a WWE tribute act, with all the grappling and holding going on. If the PL clamped down HARD on it, you'd have 3 or 4 penalties (minimum) a match. Are the authorities prepared to accept that? As for Rodri's role in it; did he "embellish" the contact? Of course he did. I remember an incident with Phil a few seasons back (against Southampton, maybe?) where he rounded the keeper who caught him on the ankle and brought him down. Phil got back up and attempted to score, but the angle had become too tight, and he missed. Did we get the penalty? No. The moral being, if you don't go down, you don't get the penalty.
agree with the points you are making but for the sake of clarity, the Foden non penalty was a deliberate decision given by the Match Commander rather than any VAR official. It stunk to high heaven then and still does now.

The problem is, a lot of the time nothing is given for that offence, not that what Hojlund did wasn't a foul. Which is what a lot of the whinging has been about. And I can see their point, to be honest. You watch any corner, moreso the defenders (yes, including ours); it's like a WWE tribute act, with all the grappling and holding going on. If the PL clamped down HARD on it, you'd have 3 or 4 penalties (minimum) a match. Are the authorities prepared to accept that? As for Rodri's role in it; did he "embellish" the contact? Of course he did. I remember an incident with Phil a few seasons back (against Southampton, maybe?) where he rounded the keeper who caught him on the ankle and brought him down. Phil got back up and attempted to score, but the angle had become too tight, and he missed. Did we get the penalty? No. The moral being, if you don't go down, you don't get the penalty.
but in the vast amount of these offences that aren't given there's usually zero chance they'd get near the ball. In this case the ball was going to be planted right on top of Rodri's head and usually in those cases it's a penalty. I don't see the fuss at all to be honest

I don't think anything connected to football is under more scrutiny than var, it would be absolute madness for some sort of group of refs or higher football powers to be manipulating games as some suggest.
I would suggest all the big teams will say they have had a bobbins var decision this season so who are they favouring? I was worried that var created potential for manipulation but I've decided that's bollocks, I'd say they get a lot of things right and that's the general idea.
Some of the cunts in here would still be throwing spears at animals for food if it was left to them, things move on, technology need not be a bad thing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.