VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
only major thing VAR got wrong in the arse game was no red card.

The ball being out, well we've had similar go for and against us because different angles will always give different results on that it is too dificult to tell, best thing is to have the goal line cameras along the whole of the pitch.
The push, well walker did similar in the second half to a bournemouth player, no one batted an eyelid
The handball, view isn't definitive enough to over rule the onfield call

Just send the Newcastle v arsenal. Thought both teams should have been down to ten men.

As for the goal. Just because you can see a gap between the line and the ball doesn't mean it's out. The whole of the ball has to be over the line, I think the ball was still in. Like at corner kicks the ball sites outside the quad angle but the circumference is on the line.
Gordon cant be off side as the ball goes back towards him.
No foul on the gooners defender for me.

I hope they throw the book at Arteta.

Just send the Newcastle v arsenal. Thought both teams should have been down to ten men.

As for the goal. Just because you can see a gap between the line and the ball doesn't mean it's out. The whole of the ball has to be over the line, I think the ball was still in. Like at corner kicks the ball sites outside the quad angle but the circumference is on the line.

I agree. You cant disallow a goal because the ball ‘might’ have been out of play, benefit has to go with the attacking team?
And yes, the snidey ‘punch’ by the geordie was also a red

Is it not the other way around?

VAR couldn’t see a conclusive reason to change the onfield decision, so the original decision stood.

Umpire’s call, if you will.
Which is how it used to be and how it should be.
You’d get some shit decisions but such is life. Three times at our game yesterday waiting to see if goals allowed/ disallowed. Utter shite. Let the ref referee and if he gets it wrong, so be it.
Let’s go back to being able to celebrate properly- the whole reason we love going to the match.

The ball can go in any direction and your offside if in an offside position. This is the decision that Arsenal should be moaning at but VAR couldn't find the ball to draw the lines so no evidence to overrule the goal. He probably was offside by a knee or leg but VAR quite rightly doesn't work on "probably" for offsides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.