VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not to be pedantic, players can still be offside by a few mm no matter what, if any, tolerance is applied. I have never seen a VAR decision that says "Not offside within the tolerance limit". A player is offside or not offside.

Not to be pedantic (2), I would like to know more about how SAOT determines a player's body position before I accept mm offsides as accurate. I know there are 29 data points for each player, and I think I understand where those data points are on the player's bodies, but how accurate is the recording of those data and how are they used? I have never seen as explanation for that. And how is the offside determined? On the basis of the graphical representation, or on the data from the data points with the graphics just being for show? When you get down to 1mm, these are important points, imo.

Every time you see a freeze frame of an onside and there is just one green line on the graphic, as opposed to the normal two lines, that is indicating that the two lines have merged, so it is automatically on side.

It doesn’t differentiate between the ones that would without the tolerance level, be marginally onside or marginally offside. But it’s probably fair to assume that roughly 50% of those decisions were marginally offside.

I really can’t help you with point two. I’ve no idea about the technical side of things.

The ball can go in any direction and your offside if in an offside position. This is the decision that Arsenal should be moaning at but VAR couldn't find the ball to draw the lines so no evidence to overrule the goal. He probably was offside by a knee or leg but VAR quite rightly doesn't work on "probably" for offsides.
Can’t be offside if the ball goes backwards or sideways ffs

Why is it always the down trodden red 'istree clubs who make all the noise and start debates lasting weeks about ONE VAR decision in a game of football , Baconface used to manipualte the media regarding officials and it worked.
Klippety , Muck Tag , Arteta are causing a furore so in future games refs will be under immense pressure to favour their clubs , i have always been a great believer in good and bad decisions tend to even themselves out over a course of a season. because refs/officials & VAR will never be perfect that is impossible.
It's called human error and its in virtually every walk of life , Arteta is acting like a entitled spoilt arsehole and its nearly every week he f*cking moans about something ,perhaps he should get his own house in order and look at his decisions on signing lemons like Havertz before criticising all and sundry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.