VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be fair, United didn't benefit from VAR overall last season.

This sort of thing is bollocks though, because the refs make different decisions now VAR is available. I remember the scousers saying one season that they'd had more points taken by VAR than any other team. And all that proves is that you were getting more favourable decisions in the first place.

I see they dont go into the detail for the Rags. Surprise surprise. It also doesnt take into account incorrect decisions that didnt go to VAR, which should have done!

They certainly benefitted with “favourable” decisions against City, Liverpool and Arsenal in the league off the top of my head!! Im sure theres others i cant quite remember.

What should be shown is where teams get inexplicably incorrect decisions by Ref’s/VAR and what impact that has on leagues

Maybe we should keep an independent check on the dodgy decisions the rags consistently receive…..

Last edited:
The fact that PGMOL have re-employed Lee Mason tells you all you need to know. The simplest way to resolve all of this is as follows:

All VAR decisions shown on a big screen as they do in cricket and rugby so that everyone in the ground as well as at home can see what the VAR officials are looking at. Secondly all conversations between the officials when reviewing any decision should be heard, as they do in cricket and rugby, so that when a decision is reached people can try to understand how.

It isn't hard to do yet for some unknown reason football doesn't want to implement what would undoubtedly make the process better. If you have no screens then either you install at least two large ones of a minimum specification or you play all games away from home i.e. you play twice at each club's ground. Stop the manipulation of the game otherwise it just becomes WWE. We as fans should be together on this and whilst certain fans won't want to be part of it the majority want transparency.

That article doesn't take account of the bent decisions where VAR didn't intervene like Attwell cheating in the Old Trafford Derby.

Var is an utter shit show in the Premier League. Things should have improved but surprise surprise they’ve got worse
There is nothing wrong with VAR, even a village idiot can see its a penalty. The tech works.

The bent officials however need exposing and removed! Starting with that **** Webb

doing what it was brought in to do .
It’s hard to disagree with this. There will never be a more clear-cut decision to give as a penalty as this one.

Social media is full of outlets criticising and questioning the decision. Talksport have been on it all morning.

It is the perfect tool as they don’t have to come out and do anything other than say ‘oh soz. Got it wrong’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.