VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope at least 5 of them were in dipper matches and denied them x* number of points.

*when we win the league by x +1 the tsunami of bile will overwhelm the Western hemisphere........ and make it even more enjoyable.
We should sing Simon Hooper is a blue if we do.

The thing is it was introduced as "no more clear and obvious errors" and no-one had a problem with that. Let the referee referee, but if the ball is a yard over the goal line like in that United match, call it back, Maradonna's hand of God, nobody in the ground knew how a midget outjumped Shilton, call it back, Henry's handball goal against Ireland, bring it back, offside by a yard like Walker that time against City, bring it back. But somehow it has morphed into a quest for absolute truth with the interference of FIFA and it's never going to work.

The more I read about what IFAB have said, and are still saying, the more I blame the federations and the national associations. Sort it out, tossers.
Well it has finally happened, the world has finally become a parody of itself as fifa and absolute truth are used in the same sentence.

Looking to improve?

How long has VAR been in now?

It's gone BACKWARDS.
Since the start of 19/20 season.

VAR is getting worse and they're still making mistakes in what seems like forensic investigation that's taking even longer to solve this season. VAR is sucking the enjoyment of attending live games. Wont be long before TV channels start putting adverts on whilst we wait for the outcome.

When you break it down it's around one 'mistake' every match week.

I call BS.

It’ll depend on what they class as a mistake.

As most decisions are subjective, any 50/50 decision cannot be a mistake.

If it’s 90/10 and they get it wrong, they still might not class that as a mistake as it can be argued that it’s still a valid but subjective decision. Hence the Rashford offside not being classed as an error, but they wouldn’t let it happen in the same way again.

(Really don’t want this to spark another long debate on that shit decision, it’s just the example of where they can mould the decision to the wording of the LOTG and try to justify why it was acceptable, but wrong)

When you break it down it's around one 'mistake' every match week.

I call BS.

That's "mistakes" as decided by the "independent" panel, you know, the one that is made up of PL executives, PGMOL representatives and ex-players on the PL payroll. The one that said the Fernandes/Rashford goal wasn't a mistake. That panel.

That report is full of bs.

• VAR has intervened correctly on 57 occasions.
to me that shows how bad we had it pre VAR. refs awarding nonsense penalties and offsides being allowed to stand.

to me that shows how bad we had it pre VAR. refs awarding nonsense penalties and offsides being allowed to stand.

To me it says, firstly, that the definition of "correctly" is bollocks and, secondly, if you take out the marginal offsides that are completely unobservable to the naked eye in real time then it would probably be half that, more equal to the number of mistakes that they have made even with VAR. And it is still worth it?

It’s literally not worth posting on this thread unless it’s to howl how shit VAR is. Any other view and you are a VARophile and told how shit and corrupt it is.

This thread should be locked for peoples’ mental health. It’s not doing anyone any good.

It’s literally not worth posting on this thread unless it’s to howl how shit VAR is. Any other view and you are a VARophile and told how shit and corrupt it is.

This thread should be locked for peoples’ mental health. It’s not doing anyone any good.

Agreed, get some very fair opinions but other times it's just like debating with Anti Vaxxers.

To me it says, firstly, that the definition of "correctly" is bollocks and, secondly, if you take out the marginal offsides that are completely unobservable to the naked eye in real time then it would probably be half that, more equal to the number of mistakes that they have made even with VAR. And it is still worth it?

yes, still worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.