VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's certain players who would have had at least a yellow for the grabbing action e.g. Rodri and probably, the MUFC/Madrid poison dwarf.
For some reason, the venerable Virgil escapes scot-free.
If LFC lost their captain, it would massively hurt them - so he will continue to be immune from punishment, until Klippetty trots off...
Agree. Can't stand him, over hyped and arrogant. I think he may well follow Klopp and Salah out close season.

He, like fans of the cult, get away with so much.

after denying them an equally givable one in the first half if my memory serves me correctly.

The VAR did cancel one out that the referee gave against Van Dijk but I can’t really remember the merits of either.

I think the main talking point was a harsh second yellow given to a Palace player. But that wouldn’t have had anything to do with the VAR I wouldn’t have thought.

There's certain players who would have had at least a yellow for the grabbing action e.g. Rodri and probably, the MUFC/Madrid poison dwarf.
For some reason, the venerable Virgil escapes scot-free.
If LFC lost their captain, it would massively hurt them - so he will continue to be immune from punishment, until Klippetty trots off...
I hate the arrogant prick

The VAR did cancel one out that the referee gave against Van Dijk but I can’t really remember the merits of either.

I think the main talking point was a harsh second yellow given to a Palace player. But that wouldn’t have had anything to do with the VAR I wouldn’t have thought.
VanDijk took out Edouard/Esse/whoever it was from behind as he was about to shoot.
100% a foul and 100% a penalty.
VAR went back and managed to find what didn't look like a foul on Endo in the build up.
Ref sent to the monitor, looked at it for about 5mins and then ruled it out.

The arbitrary enforcement of the laws of that game by referees and VAR is getting a bit farcical at this point.

There is literally no point in using it any more.

Punches, neck grabs, dives, faking head injuries, simulation to win penalties, late Casimero tackles, abusive language; all just simply ignored, but heaven forbid if you happen to lean forward when you make your run to break the defensive line at the arbitrarily chosen point at which they guess that a ball has been passed, then you're "definitely" offside.

Premier League football refereeing is a fucking joke!

The scousers penalty today is a great example of why VAR as it operates isn’t and cannot be a tool to help refs make better decisions in a quick sport (what it was sold as)

The offence is a possible foul involving contact. So under IFAB rules it is a direct free kick offence which attracts a penalty where the player is careless, reckless or uses excessive force in the contact.

The credible view of the incident is that the Liverpool player went past the United one, began to fall, then initiated contact with the united players leg by kicking it when they could have avoided it but in any event whilst already falling to the floor. You can see this clearly in the slo mo. It doesn’t meet the IFAB definition of the offence

A properly functioning VAR system would post incident have the ref view the screen. Whilst the footage is being cued up the ref would be reminded of the terms of the law of the game. They would then view the footage and decide whether it fell foul of the law or not and explaining their reasons

At present someone in a room somewhere makes a further subjective call on a refs subjective call and no one hears any of the reasoning and we get a decision. It really good get much better if the powers that be went back to first principles. All you need is a ref and tech available to him to make better decisions. The VAR room don’t need to be refs. They just need to remind the ref of the relevant law, cue up the video for him to review, ask him to describe the r incident and say what he says, and then ask him to apply that to the law and make the decision. All public transparent and fact and rules based with the ref in charge

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.