VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which is fine. We’re in uncharted waters now though and I don’t know what the maximum punishment could be for them. It’d be ironic if it was enough points to keep Luton up…
Why should they be punished. They have already suffered due to PMGOL mistakes. If there is no conflict of interest in appointed Referees for games Why do the FA /PL ask them what clubs they support and not let them ref those games. You can't have it both ways. Atwell is an utterly useless ref if he is unable to get that last Pen decision correct. Yet he will carry on regardless defended by his employers and continue to make more horrendous errors.

No England game to watch ,, so comes on and says city win the league because of VAR

Bore off

Ha, I was tagged in for my views once again when there’s some VAR controversy and of course when I do give my views I’m told to bore off.

City win the league because they’re the best team in the league.

Two things … Really? Examples please. And secondly, without VAR you know in a couple of seconds that it’s been disallowed. We celebrated for MINUTES

Course there’s been many occasions West Ham have had vital goals ruled out pre VAR and with VAR.

I concede your second point and I’ve also mentioned many times - the delay is the biggest frustration and I can see why fans want rid of it for that reason. For me it’s worth the sacrifice and I know I’m in the minority on that. If they can speed up the process and in many cases they have then that would help.

Why should Forest put up with it? It's either incompetence or corruption. You seem to think that clubs should just continually roll over , politely complain and accept a PGMOL apology the useless incompetent or corrupt official, either way it's the same result , then gets suspended for a game and then we all carry on in the same vein. Rinse repeat. I don't think PHMOL are good enough to be in charge of a multi billion pound business. Unless people make a stand against things that are clearly wrong nothing ever gets changed in any walk of life. I just wish City and other clubs would call this crap officiating out.
What are they going to achieve by these tweets? They’ll just get a mega fine and their manager potentially getting a touchline ban.

Course there’s been many occasions West Ham have had vital goals ruled out pre VAR and with VAR.

I concede your second point and I’ve also mentioned many times - the delay is the biggest frustration and I can see why fans want rid of it for that reason. For me it’s worth the sacrifice and I know I’m in the minority on that. If they can speed up the process and in many cases they have then that would help.
Of course, I’m sure there has been equally vital goals ruled out for West Ham with the last kick of an epic game, both pre and post VAR. Weird that you can’t actually remember any though.

Why should they be punished. They have already suffered due to PMGOL mistakes. If there is no conflict of interest in appointed Referees for games Why do the FA /PL ask them what clubs they support and not let them ref those games. You can't have it both ways. Atwell is an utterly useless ref if he is unable to get that last Pen decision correct. Yet he will carry on regardless defended by his employers and continue to make more horrendous errors.
They’ve accused a referee of being corrupt, without any evidence barring 3 decisions that didn’t go their way, simply because he’s a Luton fan.

The PL will come down on them like a ton of bricks, in all likelihood.

They could have kept it private given their accusation, they openly accused the VAR official of bias and that’s always going to be challenged.

If they’d have said he was incompetent, then there wouldn’t have been an issue.
They are within their rights to question his integrity when he is making such obvious errors imo. The bloke is either a clown and out of depth or corrupt. When it's such an obvious error as in that third pen claim and there is no explanation for the decision ot easy to see why Forest want to question his integrity.

It wouldn't be the first time someone in a position of power was found to be influencing events. And it has happened in football before hasn't it.?

But either way he needs to get a new job away from importent decisions. But you and I both know he won't be sacked. There is absolutely no accountability in the current system and that is clearly wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.