VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They’ve accused a referee of being corrupt, without any evidence barring 3 decisions that didn’t go their way, simply because he’s a Luton fan.

The PL will come down on them like a ton of bricks, in all likelihood.
Of course they will.

I guess you know about Anderlect vs Forest 1984. Tell me you are 100% certain it has never happened since in a top flight game of football.

Of course they will.

I guess you know about Anderlect vs Forest 1984. Tell me you are 100% certain it has never happened since in a top flight game of football.
I can’t. In all likelihood, there will have been games manipulated. However, if there’s no proof, then all you have is gut feelings, which don’t do anything.

They are within their rights to question his integrity when he is making such obvious errors imo. The bloke is either a clown and out of depth or corrupt. When it's such an obvious error as in that third pen claim and there is no explanation for the decision ot easy to see why Forest want to question his integrity.

It wouldn't be the first time someone in a position of power was found to be influencing events. And it has happened in football before hasn't it.?

But either way he needs to get a new job away from importent decisions. But you and I both know he won't be sacked. There is absolutely no accountability in the current system and that is clearly wrong.

They can question his competence and ask for an explanation but publicly questioning his integrity is rightly only going to get one response, not just for the benefit of him but any referee.

We’re going to end up with even worse referees as no one in their right mind would ever do it as a job unless they actually were corrupt.

The daft thing is if you’re a Luton fan, it would have been in their interests to have given them as they’ve still got to play Everton.

I do agree the third one was a shocker though.

I can’t. In all likelihood, there will have been games manipulated. However, if there’s no proof, then all you have is gut feelings, which don’t do anything.
So you accept that corruption exists OK, but on the other hand you say its not OK for anyone to call it out if they suspect it. We should just accept it then right?

That’s unfair.

Thats akin to it meaning more for us.
Ahaha. Yeah that did come over all a bit “Trent”. But going out of the Quarter Finals of the Champions League (after all that had happened in that game) is a little bit different to getting a draw instead of a win in a league game in March that has very limited bearing on anything (in truth)

I’m sorry mate but a run-of-the-mill league game with nothing riding on it? Hardly the same

not when we're battling top 6 and Aston Villa top 4, huge ramifications for both clubs. but of course its those pesky corrupt officials wanting to protect the brand!

I was here for this one.
think we was bottom 3 at time. 1:35

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.