VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How does this great VAR offside tech work, out of interest? I don't mean in principle. I mean in detail.

For example: what is the resolution of the VAR cameras? How accurately is the kick point determined? What are the 29 data points? How are the data from the data points collected? How, and how accurately, is data interpolated between frames? How are the graphics drawn and what is the error tolerance?

You may think these aren't important questions, but if SAOT is being sold on improved accuracy, we should be able to convince ourselves that such accuracy exists and we shouldn't be fooled by a nice graphic showing a perfectly accurate position if the underlying system has accuracy flaws. Don't forget the accuracy paradox: the more accurate you try to be, the more variables you are opening up that can be inaccurate. Also don't forget that leg movement in 1/100 of a second can be 5-10 cm.
All great questions that you’ll never find the answers to

They can question his competence and ask for an explanation but publicly questioning his integrity is rightly only going to get one response, not just for the benefit of him but any referee.

We’re going to end up with even worse referees as no one in their right mind would ever do it as a job unless they actually were corrupt.

The daft thing is if you’re a Luton fan, it would have been in their interests to have given them as they’ve still got to play Everton.

I do agree the third one was a shocker though.
Not really as Forest were below Everton by a point before the weekend so Luton had more chance of catching Forest than Everton, did they not?

Course there’s been many occasions West Ham have had vital goals ruled out pre VAR and with VAR.

I concede your second point and I’ve also mentioned many times - the delay is the biggest frustration and I can see why fans want rid of it for that reason. For me it’s worth the sacrifice and I know I’m in the minority on that. If they can speed up the process and in many cases they have then that would help.
If they can't get it right in 5 minutes, speeding it up isn't going to make them any better.

Ahaha. Yeah that did come over all a bit “Trent”. But going out of the Quarter Finals of the Champions League (after all that had happened in that game) is a little bit different to getting a draw instead of a win in a league game in March that has very limited bearing on anything (in truth)
I got what your meaning was, but last minute winners behind chalked off smart, whoever you support and in any competition.

In a pub or on here, fine.

In a professional environment, I’d expect some form of proof before acting in this manner.
So if he's not corrupt what's the explanation for him not being able to see that Young doesn't get the ball in the third penalty claim. I assume you can see that he didn't?

Your only rspinse is that he's totally incompetent and should be sacked right? Let's see if he is shall we? I won't hold my breath.

If they can't get it right in 5 minutes, speeding it up isn't going to make them any better.

This will help.

The Premier League believes the average time taken for an offside VAR review will be cut by 31 seconds.

The Premier League is also confident that SAOT will increase confidence in decision-making by reducing the reliance on checking all potential offsides -- therefore reducing the likelihood that a potential offside decision is missed by VAR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.