VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The offside for me should be clear and obvious to the naked eye that’s what you call a advantage not a toe,knee,or elbow.maybe all players should be bald cos the way it’s going a strand of hair for a headed goal will be penalised soon.

The offside for me should be clear and obvious to the naked eye that’s what you call a advantage not a toe,knee,or elbow.maybe all players should be bald cos the way it’s going a strand of hair for a headed goal will be penalised soon.
The problem is that you’ll never get agreement on what is clear and obvious. They’ll spend just as much time as they do now arriving at a decision but instead of the issue being whether it’s a toe nail involved they’ll be arguing about whether it meets the criteria for clear and obvious

Would it though? The ref and Linesman “missed the goal”. I thought goal line technology was used to determine whether the ball had crossed the line when the referee wasn’t sure.
Goal Line technology has been in place for 10 years has nothing to do with VAR it’s an automated system that creates a 3D image almost instantly and the ref is notified by a wrist mounted device he will normally point at to show that the ball has crossed the line

The problem is that you’ll never get agreement on what is clear and obvious. They’ll spend just as much time as they do now arriving at a decision but instead of the issue being whether it’s a toe nail involved they’ll be arguing about whether it meets the criteria for clear and obvious
Lino’s gave the decision for over a hundred years and the majority of time they were spot on and as was said previously the naked eye is better than a five minute delay whilst they decide which frame to use and measure with flawed technology if a player’s toe nail is offside

Lino’s gave the decision for over a hundred years and the majority of time they were spot on and as was said previously the naked eye is better than a five minute delay whilst they decide which frame to use and measure with flawed technology if a player’s toe nail is offside
have you forgotten the outrage and cries of corruption when they got it wrong though?

Also they know players are offside but the linesman keeps his flag down to let it play out putting players at risk to injuries.

It's a good job VAR wasn't being used when Phil Thompson played because he'd have been offside every game with his conk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.