VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No need to get personal.

He is admitting a mistake, if he could turn back the time he wouldn't of done that. He didn't need to mention that decision and reasoning at all did he ? but he bought it up because he deeply regrets it.

Still think he deserves the stick and even disciplinary action.
Or sacked, for being bent.

It's like you're in the car with you mate and he gets a speeding fine and taking the flack for him because he's had a rough week

As post above mentioned he was being totally honest and open on how he dealt with that specific incident, he panicked and didn't send the ref to the monitor and deeply regrets it - I don't see anything that hints towards a golden envelope and dark powers to manipulate results, just human error and highlights the pressure the officials are under.

All for independent reviews and more transparency for sure though.
Panic ?? Sat in a room in front of a tv screen, not in a war zone being shot at. The bloke is not fit to be there and if this is what goes on every game things need to be addressed

Iv said it before. Its chaos in the VAR room. So many emotions, biases, interpretations, devolution of decision making. And when you have that going on, in any team I have worked in anyway, the results are confusing and random. And thats what we're seeing.

VAR has taken game officiating backwards and we all known that. Thats the be all and end all for me.
One person is all that is required in the VAR room not a fucking committee. It’s jobs for the boys

Panic ?? Sat in a room in front of a tv screen, not in a war zone being shot at. The bloke is not fit to be there and if this is what goes on every game things need to be addressed

Easy for us to say.

The pressure on getting decisions correct in the VAR room must be immense, they have to get it right and it has to be conclusive and they have to do it as quickly as possibly. Multi million pound industry with a baying mob of fans ready to scream and cry corruption on the outcome.

Easy for us to say.

The pressure on getting decisions correct in the VAR room must be immense, they have to get it right and it has to be conclusive and they have to do it as quickly as possibly. Multi million pound industry with a baying mob of fans ready to scream and cry corruption on the outcome.
Really? They obviously don’t have to get it right because they’re not accountable and the fan’s concerns about it are totally not important or taken into account don’t be so delusional

Easy for us to say.

You must be the only football fan in the world defending a referee for coming out and saying "I didn't tell him to come because he was already getting enough stick from the crowd, and plus, he's my mate and i didn't want his feelings to get hurt any more. But yeah it was definitely penalty. Ooops, sorry, won't do it again!"

The mind boggles

You must be the only football fan in the world defending a referee for coming out and saying "I didn't tell him to come because he was already getting enough stick from the crowd, and plus, he's my mate and i didn't want his feelings to get hurt any more. But yeah it was definitely penalty. Ooops, sorry, won't do it again!"

The mind boggles

Read back i say he deserves the stick he gets and would welcome possibly disciplinary action

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.