VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just listened to 606 & a forest fan nailed it & called out Sutton & Savage & the rest of the media for being a part of the problem.

They told him he was delusional & yet he spoke very well & clearly & said it was to stop a riot. They laughed at him & said when have they rioted at Old Trafford……. Well not long ago, they stopped a game being played by breaking in the ground.

They justified the sending off as “subjective” (based on or influenced by personal feelings) & I keep repeating the dictionary meaning whenever I hear this poor excuse for corruption.
I would make a complaint to 606 if i was him, they have no recourse to call him delusional, if he is making an evidence based point and they cant cope with that and come back with evidence to the contrary that doesnt give them the right to insult him by calling him delusional

It's strange to contrast how PGMOL think not applying the rules consistently is fine with how hard the authorities come down on players who bet on matches. One of these has a massive impact on results and could potentially effect relegation, trophy success etc. and completely undermines the validity of the sport. The other has far less impact (Toney betting on games he is not playing in) but is punished more harshly.

Both are completely unacceptable and should receive similar punishments.
Yes, but the difference is that one contravention is perpetrated by a working class done well for himself upstart footballer, and the other is perpetrated by representatives of the ruling class, carrying out their masters orders to keep the oiks in their place, and to obviously, maximise income revenue.
It's kind of like society as a whole in a microcosm.

The problem as many people have mentioned on here is ALL of them are part of the same club, the media, the refs and the so called big clubs, they have created a cosy cartel for themselves and it makes alot of people alot of money, if it is challenged by an individual or an entity, the cartel closes ranks and throws everything it can at it to make it go away, the evidence is there for all to see but is consistently laughed off and brushed away, it was caught on video rashford initiating the contact yesterday but MOTD said he was clever, last week when martinez took out a spurs player, there wasnt enough contact to award a penalty.

Its the media feeding the idiots who want to believe it isnt real, they tell united fans what they want to hear as it makes them money.

Take the takeover for example, the glazers have backed ten bob to the tune of over 350m, bought him every player hes asked for but yet they are still shit but that isnt his fault, its the owners fault because neville, the mail and the sun said so, so it must be true because the idiots want to believe that city are cheating and its not because they are an average football team, liverpool and arsenal are the same, that is footballs and societys biggest problem , its lack of accountability, everyone wants to believe that its someone else fault that they arent where they want to be because it couldnt be them, thats why trump and boris got to power because people liked the idea that it was someone elses fault and they could just pass the blame, football is the same and they dont want to wake up from the delusion or take accountability.
Great post.
But even Trump and Boris got found out.
These cnuts go on and on forever

Great post.
But even Trump and Boris got found out.
These cnuts go on and on forever
did trump tho, he is running again and quite likely to win in 2024 despite being involved in multiple criminal cases, the idiots love that and thats why they love him because it proves to them that despite being objectively useless they can still be successful by placing the blame on everyone else

I think what angers most fans is the way the media etc insult our intelligence, like we cant actually see what they see, like our tiny minds couldnt possibly see in the same way as them and we are deluded and we should just shut up and accept what they tell us because they know better than us.

Anyone see Paqueta's shoulder barge yesterday at Brighton? If that was the rags I suspect a pen would have been awarded. Or are these 'robust' challenges now subject to the whim of the referee

Easy for us to say.

The pressure on getting decisions correct in the VAR room must be immense, they have to get it right and it has to be conclusive and they have to do it as quickly as possibly. Multi million pound industry with a baying mob of fans ready to scream and cry corruption on the outcome.
Problem is mate it’s still as bad, if not worse, than when it was introduced. The amount of wrong/dodgy decisions seem to be increasing every year. But it fills Twitter, forum boards ets so generates money and keeps people in jobs so maybe it’s doing what it was designed to do. You were right all those years ago when you told me I’d get used to it. I’ll never celebrate a goal like I used to - it took me 2 minutes to celebrate Rodri’s winning goal in the biggest moment in my football supporting life. But yeh I’m used to it. And this year I can look on everything without as much emotion as I feel as a fan it will never get better than last season. So I can look on it objectively this season without as much bias and my conclusion so far is that decisions are being made both on field and in a box (I’m not having your comment on how hard it is for the poor loves - my jobs a lot harder and pressurised as is most people’s) by people influenced by who they support or who their mates are (ref Mike Dean) or who their pay masters are. If anyone can give me one good reason why Atwell continues to get United home matches and big games (cup finals and semi’s) then I’m all ears. This alone makes everything stink of something very wrong. Anyway, up the hammers and enjoy the time at the top :))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.