VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another Farce by Var.
John Brooks somehow missed a clear penalty for handball In added time. How can he possibly not see it on a slowed down replay

If you wanted to create absolute outrage as to the shambles that is VAR, and if you wanted a surge in the demand that it be immediately removed as being totally unfit for purpose, it's simple.

Don't continue to use it to gift results to the cash cows.

Just make it appear like it is being used to assist Manchester City.

Whilst it certainly benefitted us yesterday, it really is a fucking shambles.
Don't forget the referees never wanted Var. They are doing the best to get it removed.
If we had conceded that second goal this thread would have exploded. There is no way that goal would stand if it had been judged honestly by an independent referee.
Pigmob are not fit for purpose.

Whilst it certainly benefitted us yesterday, it really is a fucking shambles.
While there is certainly an argument that we did indeed benefit from it yesterday, we've been on the wrong end of more than enough incidents in the past few seasons to rule out any possibility of an apology from me. The FA Cup final was absolutely diabolical. Likewise, the game in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford last season.

Either get the decisions right I'd give the running if Var to amateur refs from the Sunday leagues. They'd hardly be less effective and possibly be more trustworthy.
They’d soon slip into the same ways as the current crop.. I’d love to think it’s ineptitude but I fear it’s much more basic than that..

They’d soon slip into the same ways as the current crop.. I’d love to think it’s ineptitude but I fear it’s much more basic than that..
Probably but I wonder if more of them would be genuinely honest. They do the hardest and most important job and get nothing for it.

Maybe we could get a load of Tibetan monks. Or nuns. Or midwives. Or firemen. Or uroligists. There must be a set of people that can try to be consistent, honest and trustworthy.

Barely cheer a goal anymore and if I do I'm thinking "oh, hang on a minute" .....utter wank and I hate it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.