VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While there is certainly an argument that we did indeed benefit from it yesterday, we've been on the wrong end of more than enough incidents in the past few seasons to rule out any possibility of an apology from me. The FA Cup final was absolutely diabolical. Likewise, the game in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford last season.
Very true but it doesn't make it right.

Refereeing standards have to improve, everything in the PL is top class expect the standard of refereeing, which is becoming Sunday league level.

While there is certainly an argument that we did indeed benefit from it yesterday, we've been on the wrong end of more than enough incidents in the past few seasons to rule out any possibility of an apology from me. The FA Cup final was absolutely diabolical. Likewise, the game in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford last season.
As others have pointed out, the latest iteration of the offside law is badly framed and creates more confusion now than in previous eras.

A similar situation applies with the framing(s) during recent years regarding the law on handball (Jesus' struck off 'winner' vs Spurs, anyone?!)

VAR confirmed the goal under the current iteration, so Fulham and Silva should suck it up and move on, just as we have had to, as you say, on many recent occasions.

Oh, and the Fulham boss (together with our venal sports media which is trying to stir things up to diminish our sublime football yet again) might want to look at the ineptitude of his own goalkeeper and discuss his positioning in training over the next couple of weeks.

Akanji may have been standing close to him but (a) the keeper saw the header from Ake and was diving for it anyway and (b) it was nowt to do with Akanji that he flopped down like an arthritic, ancient pensioner towards his right-hand post (I know what I'm talking about here, as I are one, my dearios!) as he failed to save Ake's header..

It's a shame that the decision to allow the Ake goal has completely overshadowed the 5-1 win and Haaland hat-trick.

All I'm seen last night and this morning is the whole "agenda" bullshit. Let's get it staright their is simply no "agenda"! The officials in this country are absolutely horrendous and to be honest It's at a stage now where do they even know the rules themselves?

Last week against Sheffield United we had Haaland being rugby tackled in the box numerous times and one blatant pull back on his shirt that weren't given. Decisions swing in roundabouts you get some for you and get some against you that's the way it is unfortunately.

Having said all that, I find it hilarious all the YouTube Rags coming out and Neville last season talking about the Rashford goal v City saying "It's blatant offside l but we'll take it (with a smug look on his face). Same people now moaning about yesterday's goal...

So yesterday's goal puts a huge smile on my face!

100% offside and a joke of a decision, we would be going crazy on here today if Fulham had scored a goal like that.

Refereeing in this country, has it ever been as poor and as inconsistent as of now?
I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t for VAR. I can accept refs making mistakes even great players have shit games. For them to have so long to look at things like our 2nd yesterday and still get it wrong is ridiculous. VAR takes away a lot of what makes football great for fans at games and still makes loads of fuck ups most weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.