VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So a couple of things here. Akanji is at no point “in front of the goalkeeper” as Salah was. The goalkeeper in the Salah incident had to move to be able to see around Salah so he could physically see the ball. Akanji wasnt the same, or ever in his line of sight. This can clearly be seen from behind the goal, no idea what Dean is watching.

Secondly, being stood in an offside position isnt an offence in itself. This is scary that Dean doesnt know this….

Thirdly, the linesman, some 30/40 yards away doesnt have the perspective to make a definitive decision if Akanji is interfering. No wonder were in the mess we are with this level of intellect (or lack of) at the top level of officiating.

I do think the Ake goal shouldnt count, but the Salah infringement was equally as bad!!
I agree largely. I definitely agree that Akanji wasn't in the line of sight of Leno. The only question therefore is whether Akanji's action has impacted on Leno's decision. Did Leno delay his dive because he didn't know if Akanji would touch the ball? Or did Leno dive in response to the header, regardless of Akanji's action?

If the former, then it should have been given as offside. If the latter, the correct decision was made - not offside. We will only know this of we hear the discussion between Harrington (VAR) and Oliver.

Both are valid opinions. It might be that 99% of people think it was offside, but if Harrington is one of the remaining 1%, then the decision is correct. Let's hope the forthcoming Sky programme clears it up.

Same for the Liverpool goal. Their VAR might have used our goal as a precedent for allowing it.

Eerm, the ball goes under akanji and he tries to flick it it is 100% offside, the rules are fucked up, same with handballs, we all knew what was offside and handball, nowadays none of it makes sense, handball should be hand to ball not some defender trying to block a shot like Jack in the cup final, they have adjusted the rules so they can justify VAR, bad tackles fair enough use var, inside and outside of the area use var, refs and linesman aren't doing their jobs because they are relying on VAR to make the decision, so they can shit out of a call
There's a flick of the foot from Akanji, however that's after the ball has already passed him.

I can't take anything Dean says seriously anymore. He feels for the referee and the assistant. Why? They haven't done anything wrong, and they aren't getting any criticism.

Typical Dean, taking sides with his mates, but not hesitating to drop the other guy right in the mire. Tony Harrington, inexperienced PL referee and inexperienced VAR is the scapegoat. He's not a mate of Dean though, so it doesn't matter about Dean blaming him.

Dean strikes me as a real bully, with no time or patience for the new lads. I hope this goal is included in the forthcoming programme with Webb, and Harrington is completely vindicated.
c9a327caa78dfd061ffac6a5e6f98d3b.jpg

Dean is a fucking liar and clearly covers for all the other corrupt fuckers who infest PiGMOL.

Shameless lying fuckers throughout

Mic'd up.. Now discussing why City benefitted from VAR against Fulham.

Sounds like chaos. But they came to the conclusion was that the Leno was only a bit impacted by Akanji.

Do they know the rules?

And I dont like the VAR refs suggesting what they think! Thats literally re-reffing the game. No wonder the refs always go with the VAR room decision upon going to the monitor. He's being told where (Subjectively) he has got it wrong. wtf?

I still like it though, the refs have a lot to deal with and showing this more can only be good.

Last edited:
I agree largely. I definitely agree that Akanji wasn't in the line of sight of Leno. The only question therefore is whether Akanji's action has impacted on Leno's decision. Did Leno delay his dive because he didn't know if Akanji would touch the ball? Or did Leno dive in response to the header, regardless of Akanji's action?

If the former, then it should have been given as offside. If the latter, the correct decision was made - not offside. We will only know this of we hear the discussion between Harrington (VAR) and Oliver.

Both are valid opinions. It might be that 99% of people think it was offside, but if Harrington is one of the remaining 1%, then the decision is correct. Let's hope the forthcoming Sky programme clears it up.

Same for the Liverpool goal. Their VAR might have used our goal as a precedent for allowing it.
Looking at the angle from behind the goal, I think there’s an argument that Leno delayed his dive because his own defenders blocked his initial view of Ake’s header.

Mic'd up.. Now discussing why City benefitted from VAR against Fulham.

Sounds like chaos. But they came to the conclusion was that the Leno was only a bit impacted by Akanji.

Do they know the rules?

And I dont like the VAR refs suggesting what they think! Thats literally re-reffing the game. No wonder the refs always go with the VAR room decision upon going to the monitor. He's being told where (Subjectively) he has got it wrong. wtf?

I still like it though, the refs have a lot to deal with and showing this more can only be good.

Just listen to it. Pure chaos, embarrassing, i did at one stage think it was a joke recording.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.