VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't take anything Dean says seriously anymore. He feels for the referee and the assistant. Why? They haven't done anything wrong, and they aren't getting any criticism.

Typical Dean, taking sides with his mates, but not hesitating to drop the other guy right in the mire. Tony Harrington, inexperienced PL referee and inexperienced VAR is the scapegoat. He's not a mate of Dean though, so it doesn't matter about Dean blaming him.

Dean strikes me as a real bully, with no time or patience for the new lads. I hope this goal is included in the forthcoming programme with Webb, and Harrington is completely vindicated.
c9a327caa78dfd061ffac6a5e6f98d3b.jpg

Like the previous one they will only show stuff that does not show them in a bad light. Its staged.
Bet they show the Ake one and not the Salah offside one and none of the blatant wrong ones v Rags/Dippers etc
Until they make all audio from all games available these shows are a sham
I think the programme is a huge step in the right direction. Webb claims he wants more transparency. They therefore need to analyse ALL the controversial incidents so that we can hear the decision making process that occurred for each. If they miss any obvious ones out, we will know it's a cover up and a sham.

I think the programme is a huge step in the right direction. Webb claims he wants more transparency. They therefore need to analyse ALL the controversial incidents so that we can hear the decision making process that occurred for each. If they miss any obvious ones out, we will know it's a cover up and a sham.
Tbf we already know it's a cover up and a sham...cheating/corruption hiding in plain sight.

I can't take anything Dean says seriously anymore. He feels for the referee and the assistant. Why? They haven't done anything wrong, and they aren't getting any criticism.

Typical Dean, taking sides with his mates, but not hesitating to drop the other guy right in the mire. Tony Harrington, inexperienced PL referee and inexperienced VAR is the scapegoat. He's not a mate of Dean though, so it doesn't matter about Dean blaming him.

Dean strikes me as a real bully, with no time or patience for the new lads. I hope this goal is included in the forthcoming programme with Webb, and Harrington is completely vindicated.
c9a327caa78dfd061ffac6a5e6f98d3b.jpg
So a couple of things here. Akanji is at no point “in front of the goalkeeper” as Salah was. The goalkeeper in the Salah incident had to move to be able to see around Salah, so he could physically see the ball. Akanji wasnt the same, or ever remotely in his line of sight. This can clearly be seen from behind the goal, no idea what Dean is watching. See below pic that clearly shows Akanji is nowhere near being in the goalkeepers line of sight. Where Salah clearly is. Does Dean have an agenda?? ;)

Secondly, being stood in an offside position isnt an offence in itself. This is scary that Dean doesnt know this….

Thirdly, the linesman, some 30/40 yards away doesnt have the perspective to make a definitive decision if Akanji is interfering. No wonder were in the mess we are with this level of intellect (or lack of) at the top level of officiating.

I do think the Ake goal shouldnt count, im old school (well old) so i think most of my vintage would agree (blue specs off) however the Salah infringement was equally as bad if not worse!!

Attachments

• 2D73F3F4-3623-4BF1-B110-419370EABCFE.jpeg
    2D73F3F4-3623-4BF1-B110-419370EABCFE.jpeg
    760.3 KB · Views: 27
  • B7C1744D-4B0F-4EFF-82BE-5B30E6FC7CF3.jpeg
    B7C1744D-4B0F-4EFF-82BE-5B30E6FC7CF3.jpeg
    708.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Far too early to draw that positive conclusion ;)

So a couple of things here. Akanji is at no point “in front of the goalkeeper” as Salah was. The goalkeeper in the Salah incident had to move to be able to see around Salah so he could physically see the ball. Akanji wasnt the same, or ever in his line of sight. This can clearly be seen from behind the goal, no idea what Dean is watching.

Secondly, being stood in an offside position isnt an offence in itself. This is scary that Dean doesnt know this….

Thirdly, the linesman, some 30/40 yards away doesnt have the perspective to make a definitive decision if Akanji is interfering. No wonder were in the mess we are with this level of intellect (or lack of) at the top level of officiating.

I do think the Ake goal shouldnt count, but the Salah infringement is worse!!
SSSSHHHHH it's Salah dont want to upset the scousers more than already done with them pesky saudies throwing money about

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.