VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone remember how many decisions the rags had in their favour when there was no VAR? Not to mention that Pedro Mendes goal from the half way line at Old Trafford that clearly crossed the line and wasn’t given? There’s no way that VAR should go. I know it’s not perfect and slows the game down but it just needs to be improved upon. We need to be embracing and advancing technology. Not going backwards. I cannot get behind the scrapping of VAR at all.

Have people forgotten the absolute bullshit that existed even before VAR? It wasn’t some incredible utopia. Where bent linesman could just flag anything they wanted and that was final?

Where things like this are given as offside?

I do not want to go back to this. We should be working WITH VAR to make it better, to improve it, to improve the experience for match-goers etc, not getting rid of it.
That is the epitome of 'clear and obvious'. That's what we were sold VAR on not this offside toenails bollocks we have now.

The Mendes goal would have stood today without var.
There is completely separate goal line technology.
Would it though? The ref and Linesman “missed the goal”. I thought goal line technology was used to determine whether the ball had crossed the line when the referee wasn’t sure.

Remember "Project Big Picture"

"plans reportedly driven by Manchester United and Liverpool to overhaul the Premier League and English club football."

Remember this shit.

"Without being disrespectful to any club, we have a strategic plan at the Premier League and the strategic plan says putting a new name on the trophy in every six-year period.

"That doesn't mean we don't want any team to win it. It just means we would rather see some sort of rotation, for all neutrals in the game (what Leicester achieved) was a big moment".

Fuck off with that nonsense. Let's not give United or Liverpool another weapon to use against us again.

It is been design to fail by PIGMOL probably under the instructions of the red cartel.

Funny that we were the last European league to implement VAR. I wonder why?? ..cunts

Right now the league is trying to destroy our club with 115 charges, and with this they will have another tool to manage "their strategic plan" with very questionable decisions.

Don't worry they'll justify it with "sorry human error" narrative BS using their rogue agents in the media.

Corrupt cunts.

Fuck off just fuck off

I'm no VAR fan, but scrapping it and going back to how it was before, is not a step forward at all. Fans have short memories. Remember Henry's handball against Ireland, Graham Poll's 3 yellow cards, Nani's goal against Spurs, Mike Riley's officiating in the game at Old Trafford which ended Arsenal's 49 game unbeaten run? You can go on all day. VAR was the consequence of all these terrible refereeing decisions. One phrase that I remember hearing ad nauseum was 'If the technology is there, why don't we use it?' as regards helping referees. Football is a notoriously hard game to officiate, fouls can be very subjective. Was there contact? Yes. How much contact? A little. Enough to make him go down? Well, erm, kind of, but he could have stayed on his feet... Everyone can have a different opinion on the same foul, technology or not, that is never going to change. If VAR is voted against, it will only be a matter of time before we get a huge refereeing blooper on the level of the Hand of God, or Schumacher nearly killing Battiston, and we'll be back to right where we started. Flip flopping back and forth is just going to make the game farcical.

VAR needs to stay. The muppets using it just need to stop protecting their mates' embarrassment of getting decisions wrong by hiding behind this clear and obvious error bullshit. It's either a correct decision or not. Wouldn't want this shower of shite that masquerade as officials these days being given carte blanche to make things up unchecked on the field of play.

Keep VAR but no slo-mo replays.

Someone checks a replay on all goals for glaring offsides at full speed. Could the forward be gaining a slight advantage with his shoulder? Who cares, that's onside. Humans drawing lines on a best fit frame is crap fir everyone involved.

Penalties shouts. Again, check calls at full speed. Has the ref made a howler of a decision in his original verdict? Stop the game and tell him to change his mind. If the decision is that wrong no point wasting everyone's time and getting him to check himself. Anything slighlty subjective is refs decision. I'm pretty sute that's what it was meant to be fot anyway.

Red card incidents. Seems to work ok and are quite rare. No slomo though, the tackle or violent conduct replays should judged in real time.

Introduce common sense VAR input for corners given incorrectly or free kicks close to the box.

Introduce VAR ability to give yellow cards for clear dives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.