VAR Discussion Thread | 2024/25

The point is without VAR the decisions would have been allowed to stand, imagine the outrage and outcry when Stones winner got ruled out ? Would be massive cries of corruption.

VAR is far from perfect, will never get decisions 100% correct but as can tell this season it is very much needed
I'm being honest and I prefer football without VAR..I'm sure I'm not alone
Whilst you prefer VAR and you too won't be alone.
If it was more transparent and we could see and hear what was being spoken about as it was happening then maybe I would be in favour of it..but until then it's a no from me

Haha, i know but made you look . Funny how you never have a list of mistakes they make , one day maybe

Oh dear. Trying to worm out of that one.

Pre VAR a ref would have likely awarded Salah a penalty for that dive, but hey - that’s what you want to go back too.

Not only that, all paid for and bought, according to them, the most paranoid fan base going. Or should that say entitled and moaning when they don’t get their way?

Either or, cunty nonetheless.
After Scudamores united comment it should be us complaining about officials…

So are people off the “VAR is against us” train now?

They knew it was a goal all the time. The onfield team deliberately disallowed the goal so that the VAR could come along and overturn the decision. This devious ploy serves three purposes.

1. It contributes a positive mark to this league table, to make it look like City are benefiting from VAR decisions.

2. It makes Attwell look good for spotting an error and recommending a review. This helps to pad his overall poor refereeing stats with some positivity, and at the same time reduces his unpopularity amongst City fans.

3. It makes Cavanagh look good for accepting his mistake and changing his decision.

It is a skillfully engineered scenario in which there are many winners, but no losers.

They knew it was a goal all the time. The onfield team deliberately disallowed the goal so that the VAR could come along and overturn the decision. This devious ploy serves three purposes.

1. It contributes a positive mark to this league table, to make it look like City are benefiting from VAR decisions.

2. It makes Attwell look good for spotting an error and recommending a review. This helps to pad his overall poor refereeing stats with some positivity, and at the same time reduces his unpopularity amongst City fans.

3. It makes Cavanagh look good for accepting his mistake and changing his decision.

It is a skillfully engineered scenario in which there are many winners, but no losers.
It's hard to disagree with that.

I said at the time it looked like they'd engineered that VAR situation to make it look like the system was working. Even in real-time everyone knew there was absolutely nothing wrong with our goal, borne out by the fact that none of their players complained when the ball hit the back of the net. Their manager only complained after it had gone to VAR. If the goal had been given on the field and it hadn't gone to VAR, I'm almost certain he wouldn't have complained.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.