VAR Discussion Thread | 2024/25

I noticed Sky announced it was onside and as you say, 30 seconds before the ref gave it. Everything about Var is a farce. My post might sound a rant but I messages a mate straight after the opener saying I was getting so fed up. It just ruins the game.
I also posted this on the match thread - I shouldn't know the outcome of a VAR decision before the ref knows, but I did. It is a farce.

I also posted this on the match thread - I shouldn't know the outcome of a VAR decision before the ref knows, but I did. It is a farce.

You didn’t. The ‘onside’ caption that appears on screen is confirmation that the goal isn’t going to be disallowed for offside. The referee will have had this information relayed to him at the same time.

Once that has been confirmed the VAR then has a quick check that no offence has taken place in the build up, before informing the referee he is good to stick with his original decision.

You didn’t. The ‘onside’ caption that appears on screen is confirmation that the goal isn’t going to be disallowed for offside. The referee will have had this information relayed to him at the same time.

Once that has been confirmed the VAR then has a quick check that no offence has taken place in the build up, before informing the referee he is good to stick with his original decision.
Alistair Mann knew the Haaland offside decision well before the referee. The referee knows full well no foul has been committed, even before the VAR check farce for a toenail offside.

It's utter bollocks the whole thing.

Alistair Mann knew the Haaland offside decision well before the referee. The referee knows full well no foul has been committed, even before the VAR check farce for a toenail offside.

It's utter bollocks the whole thing.

The VAR checks every single goal for any offence that the referee may have missed. Normally it’s done and dusted well before the celebrations have finished and it’s not noticeable to anybody it’s even taken place.

But until he has given the referee confirmation that the goal is good, nobody, not even Alistair Mann knows for 100% it’s going to be given.

The VAR checks every single goal for any offence that the referee may have missed. Normally it’s done and dusted well before the celebrations have finished and it’s not noticeable to anybody it’s even taken place.

But until he has given the referee confirmation that the goal is good, nobody, not even Alistair Mann knows for 100% it’s going to be given.
I said Alistar Mann knew the 'offside decision' and it was WELL before the referee gave the goal. It was more than a few seconds even thought it was blatantly obvious there was no foul.

You can't keep polishing this turd. It's never going to shine in its current guise

The officials are having to adapt quickly to this silly technology, it makes them brain-fart and not even whack a flag up for offside, when the decision does get taken upstairs for a decision it takes a full team to announce a decision a fucking Vole would have spotted in a second.

The officials are having to adapt quickly to this silly technology, it makes them brain-fart and not even whack a flag up for offside, when the decision does get taken upstairs for a decision it takes a full team to announce a decision a fucking Vole would have spotted in a second.
The decision not to rase the flag and then put it up a whole three phases of play later was fucking nuts.

That's not how it panned out though. Sky said Var had said no offside. At that point the cameras were on Taylor and he didn't move, he was still waiting for confirmation. It took a good few seconds before he stopped listening and gave the goal.
Anyway, back to my original point. It was a great goal nearly ruined by a quarter of an inch. That is not football. That is not entertainment.

That's not how it panned out though. Sky said Var had said no offside. At that point the cameras were on Taylor and he didn't move, he was still waiting for confirmation. It took a good few seconds before he stopped listening and gave the goal.
Anyway, back to my original point. It was a great goal nearly ruined by a quarter of an inch. That is not football. That is not entertainment.

We’ve seen this exact situation for ourselves on ‘Mic’d Up’

The VAR telling the referee that there’s no offside ( they’ll also send the message to Sky at this point ) But that they are now checking the A.P.P. ( attacking phase of play )

That is what he is waiting for confirmation of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.