VAR Discussion Thread | 2024/25

We’ve seen this exact situation for ourselves on ‘Mic’d Up’

The VAR telling the referee that there’s no offside ( they’ll also send the message to Sky at this point ) But that they are now checking the A.P.P. ( attacking phase of play )

That is what he is waiting for confirmation of.
Ok I accept and now understand that was the reason but I will never be won over by Var whilst they look to disallow goals for the smallest of margins. It ruins it and for what it's worth, I would not have complained about Chelseas offside goal if it had been given in the real football world.

Ok I accept and now understand that was the reason but I will never be won over by Var whilst they look to disallow goals for the smallest of margins. It ruins it and for what it's worth, I would not have complained about Chelseas offside goal if it had been given in the real football world.

Well that’s a different argument. And one I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with.

I’ve said numerous times on here, that despite people constantly claiming I’m a big VAR fan and an apologist for its failures, that I couldn’t give a flying fuck if the whole thing was scrapped tomorrow.

But while we do have it, I like to at least understand how it works.

We’ve seen this exact situation for ourselves on ‘Mic’d Up’

The VAR telling the referee that there’s no offside ( they’ll also send the message to Sky at this point ) But that they are now checking the A.P.P. ( attacking phase of play )

That is what he is waiting for confirmation of.
He knew that BEFORE the offside decision even went to VAR. If he hasn't got the balls to give the goal the moment VAR clear the offside he doesn't fucking deserve to be a referee.

If youre offside youre offside , i have no issue with that.
What i have an issue with is the time it takes.

It was pretty obvious at first glance that bernardo was on side. It didnt need lines. But they faffed for maybe a minute.
And then, and this annoyed me more, when it popped up on the var screen in big green letters ONSIDE, it took another 30 seconds to tell the referee.

Its seems its people full of their own self importance enjoying 2 minutes in the spot light
They always faff about when it's a sky blue goal. Ten secs at most for the Redshite.

He knew that BEFORE the offside decision even went to VAR. If he hasn't got the balls to give the goal the moment VAR clear the offside he doesn't fucking deserve to be a referee.

Well if he doesn’t fancy being a referee anymore, that would probably be a pretty good way to go about it.

For anyone curious, Gallagher did not even discuss the disallowed Lewis goal on Ref Watch, despite it posing some big rules questions (specifically when VAR can and cannot intervene), regardless of whether it was in fact a foul from Haaland.

I noticed Sky announced it was onside and as you say, 30 seconds before the ref gave it. Everything about Var is a farce. My post might sound a rant but I messages a mate straight after the opener saying I was getting so fed up. It just ruins the game.
Certainly pissed me off yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.