VAR Discussion Thread | 2024/25

Anyone seen the Ref at Everton watching a blank VAR screen pitch side when deciding whether to over turn his original decision?

Cant be real , can it?

Yes, and no. The main screen wasn't working, so there's a backup screen in a box on the floor. That's what he's looking at.

The Var lovers need not reply. I am getting sick of football being ruined. Even Sky praised our first goal, the interplay was excellent but oh hang on, Bernies toe nail might just have been offside. It ruins the whole experience especially as we had to wait ages for them to decide.
Then we had the offside farce where they attacked, regrouped and attacked again, then a cup of tea before another attack and then the linesman put his flag up. I accept it isn't his fault, it's the order he has been given...... but it is shit.
19 minutes into the new season and I'm fucked off with it.

The Var lovers need not reply. I am getting sick of football being ruined. Even Sky praised our first goal, the interplay was excellent but oh hang on, Bernies toe nail might just have been offside. It ruins the whole experience especially as we had to wait ages for them to decide.
Then we had the offside farce where they attacked, regrouped and attacked again, then a cup of tea before another attack and then the linesman put his flag up. I accept it isn't his fault, it's the order he has been given...... but it is shit.
19 minutes into the new season and I'm fucked off with it.
If youre offside youre offside , i have no issue with that.
What i have an issue with is the time it takes.

It was pretty obvious at first glance that bernardo was on side. It didnt need lines. But they faffed for maybe a minute.
And then, and this annoyed me more, when it popped up on the var screen in big green letters ONSIDE, it took another 30 seconds to tell the referee.

Its seems its people full of their own self importance enjoying 2 minutes in the spot light

It was pretty obvious at first glance that bernardo was on side. It didnt need lines. But they faffed for maybe a minute.
And then, and this annoyed me more, when it popped up on the var screen in big green letters ONSIDE, it took another 30 seconds to tell the referee.

Its seems its people full of their own self importance enjoying 2 minutes in the spot light
Getting their betting plan back on track

I noticed Sky announced it was onside and as you say, 30 seconds before the ref gave it. Everything about Var is a farce. My post might sound a rant but I messages a mate straight after the opener saying I was getting so fed up. It just ruins the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.