VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

Up until y’day I was fuming with anger about VAR , I hate it but y’day v Everton was a realisation of how games can be ‘managed ‘ against City to give Everton as much chance as possible to get a result . It was disgusting but i’m Just sad now as I know it’s time to walk away, i’ll Go to the last home game to thank David for all he’s done for us & the absolute pleasure it’s given me to watch one of the best players in the world then i’m Done . Many thanks var for destroying OUR game

Same mate, this is my last season ticket, the game has gone now with VAR, its a national footballing disgrace that this has been allowed to be implemented, we seem to get more than our fair share of terrible decisions go against us-funnily enough the majority seem to be non penalty decisions.

The spontaneous excitement of watching your team score a goal has virtually disappeared up and down the country for every match going fan of PL football.Tottenham fans doing the VAR sign to us leaving the ground earlier this season set the tone for me.

Its become nothing more than a TV spectator sport, at least you can nip to the fridge for a can when the VAR sign goes up.

VAR is absolutely shit. It's ruining the game I love. Football is played by humans who make mistakes and should be officiated by them too.

It has changed how I view the whole thing - I wouldn't have minded Sheff u's goal being allowed the other day, boo'd the possible penalty decision in our favour yesterday and sat through 2 perfectly good goals instead of celebrating because I can't be sure it's worth the effort. There's no joy in it any more.

Another snide post from you, there’s a fucking shock.

snide? I was just surprised, if you start a thread to sell your season card spitting your dummy out, it is then a shock to see them complaining about a match going fans experience. Getting sick of your sniping so feel free to message me ten men.

snide? I was just surprised, if you start a thread to sell your season card spitting your dummy out, it is then a shock to see them complaining about a match going fans experience. Getting sick of your sniping so feel free to message me ten men.
Why would I want to message you when I can say what I think on an open forum.
Stop being a **** and I’ll stop sniping at you. Pretty straight forward.

VAR is absolutely shit. It's ruining the game I love. Football is played by humans who make mistakes and should be officiated by them too.

It has changed how I view the whole thing - I wouldn't have minded Sheff u's goal being allowed the other day, boo'd the possible penalty decision in our favour yesterday and sat through 2 perfectly good goals instead of celebrating because I can't be sure it's worth the effort. There's no joy in it any more.
Spot ... f##king ... on!

Utter nonsense. They were all applauding him.
I sit quite near him. He unfurled it after the players went off at half time. After 2 or 3 minutes, some steewards came along and asked him to take it down. The fan declined and asked "Why ?" The stewards did not seem to have an answer other than that that was what they'd been told throught their earpieces. Those two went away and different ones came back. One said he was a safety offcer and that the fan had to give up the banner. Again "Why ? ". The safety issue was answered with "What's the difference between that and a flag ? " Steward could not answer that. His position then was that if the fan did not surrender the banner he would be removed. Throughout this nearby fans were applauding the suporter and told the stewards to leave him alone. Throughout the supporter was absolutely clear hat he would put the banner down at the end of HT. In the end, the stewards stopped and went away.

The stewards action had the effect of drawing significant attention to the protest.

The MEN suggestion that he was made to take it down is just plain wrong. He had said he'd do that at the end of HT from the moment he put the banner up.

As for the club's alleged statement, if that is what they said, then there ws no evidence of fans complaining. Quite the contrary - most were actively supporting by applause.

I sit quite near him. He unfurled it after the players went off at half time. After 2 or 3 minutes, some steewards came along and asked him to take it down. The fan declined and asked "Why ?" The stewards did not seem to have an answer other than that that was what they'd been told throught their earpieces. Those two went away and different ones came back. One said he was a safety offcer and that the fan had to give up the banner. Again "Why ? ". The safety issue was answered with "What's the difference between that and a flag ? " Steward could not answer that. His position then was that if the fan did not surrender the banner he would be removed. Throughout this nearby fans were applauding the suporter and told the stewards to leave him alone. Throughout the supporter was absolutely clear hat he would put the banner down at the end of HT. In the end, the stewards stopped and went away.

The stewards action had the effect of drawing significant attention to the protest.

The MEN suggestion that he was made to take it down is just plain wrong. He had said he'd do that at the end of HT from the moment he put the banner up.

As for the club's alleged statement, if that is what they said, then there ws no evidence of fans complaining. Quite the contrary - most were actively supporting by applause.

Well, we know what the answer is to that, then...

Stick a pole on one side and turn it in to a flag!

I dint even stand up when a Jesus scored his second. Just watched the screens waiting for the review. Game’s dead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.