VAR (PL introduction 2019)

You said Evans fouled someone before the other incidents.

If that's the case, it should be that incident which it was disallowed for. But it wasn't. They probably still haven't seen it.

If I was the var ref, I would book Salah for exaggerating the foul as well.

It's goig to fuck the game up & help Utd.

this unhealthy obsession with utd is no good you know

no just within the current remit

Primarily, VAR can only be used for four match-changing situations:

1. Whether goals should stand

2. Penalty decisions

3. Direct red cards shown or not shown, although second yellow cards are not reviewable to draw a line

4. Mistaken identity, like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Kieran Gibbs against Chelsea in 2014.
So Pogba fouls a city player in the middle of the pitch, ref doesn't blow. A through ball is then played to Lukaku who runs on to it but goes down in the penalty area from a challenge by Stones. Ref goes to var and gives a penalty. How the hell is that fair.

'Match changing situations' can be literally anything in football, every single action can possibly lead to a goal.

So Pogba fouls a city player in the middle of the pitch, ref doesn't blow. A through ball is then played to Lukaku who runs on to it but goes down in the penalty area from a challenge by Stones. Ref goes to var and gives a penalty. How the hell is that fair.

'Match changing situations' can be literally anything in football, every single action can possibly lead to a goal.

it can go the other way you know, ferna blocks sanchez, kdb picks up the loose ball feeds sergio who gets brought down by rojo, ref goes to VAR blah blah blah

i can see your point but in itself that first foul is not a match changing incident, where as the 4 in the remit are, its a trial remember

Which is where we’ll end up with this bollocks unless, as I hope and predict, the fans realise just how badly it will imapct on the game and it’ll get canned due to fan reaction. Every goal will now have an element of doubt, every single one. Was there a pull on a shirt before the ball was played that led to the ball over the top, which led to the cross, that led to the goal, etc, etc. The sense of instant euphoria will be gone. It will kill the game we know stone dead. Everyone looking around, wondering, “has it gone to VAR, hasn’t it?” The game, this fantastic game, complete with with human error, will be finished if we go ahead with VAR. Leave it alone.

There won't be a problem if the officials are honest. I firmly believe that on the whole they aren't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.