VAR (PL introduction 2019)

It's a new system,as with everything new it will get better and faster,in the mean time it is getting the decisions right,the rest will follow
Craig Burley had a good comment about this particular incident - he said that the VAR officials, if looking only at those crooked line shots, really couldn't have been in position to make a clear cut call for or against offsides. In other words, VAR officials may have been guessing. And if that's so, why was the call on the field overturned?

Dropped out of this thread at Pg 60 after airing my views against the whole VAR shite. Forty six pages and a handfull of VAR games later i'm even more against its implementation. Ruins the game.

Television is against it, it takes a couple of mins and its not good telly unless they can review it at the same time. They don't care if the ref has made the correct decision or not. In fact they like the debate at the end of the game. It is needed, as to may wrong decisions are being made for what ever reason.

Yes, but they managed to put doubt in peoples minds with bendy lines. They are trying to rubbish the technology so they can carry on getting them wrong.

Nah. I don’t buy that. It’s just started off - they are getting decisions correct in the main. May take years to get it absoulutly perfect, but hope they stick with it. Too many ready to jump on any mistakes - should just allow it time to get right.

Craig Burley had a good comment about this particular incident - he said that the VAR officials, if looking only at those crooked line shots, really couldn't have been in position to make a clear cut call for or against offsides. In other words, VAR officials may have been guessing. And if that's so, why was the call on the field overturned?
It's the same as us watching at home can see on replay he was offside,the bendy line doesn't really bother me as i can see he is offside,the whole thing will settle with time,those in a froth about the line are not using their eyes to see he is offside,they will sort out the line drawing i'm sure

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.