VAR (PL introduction 2019)

BT said the VAR had looked at a version with straight lines, and sent the images over at HT to BT. The fact everyone is using the wonky lines is a wilful misrepresentation of what's happened to get people like you to assume the VAR made the decision with dodgy info, when they didn't.
I don't think that ESPN has an agenda against VAR.

And this is what BT said:
https://my.mixtape.moe/uicleg.mp4

BT is pretty much saying what Burley at ESPN is saying - albeit even more forcefully.

Dropped out of this thread at Pg 60 after airing my views against the whole VAR shite. Forty six pages and a handfull of VAR games later i'm even more against its implementation. Ruins the game.
Couldn't agree more, now anything that hampers the Rags is OK by me, but they scored that goal yesterday.
Reviewing stuff like this every 10 fucking minutes is ludicrous and destroys the tempo of the game, especially
when this VAR shit overturns a goal because a quarter of a kneecap 35 yards away looked to be over the line.

Prediction - 20 years from now VAR will be universal - and will be adjudicated by Artificial Intelligence - providing rapid, impartial, accurate review of calls made on the field.

Couldn't agree more, now anything that hampers the Rags is OK by me, but they scored that goal yesterday.
Reviewing stuff like this every 10 fucking minutes is ludicrous and destroys the tempo of the game, especially
when this VAR shit overturns a goal because a quarter of a kneecap 35 yards away looked to be over the line.

For 25 years the Rags have won games, trophies and titles on the back of getting favourable calls in situations just like that whilst everyone else has had to suffer with a quiet giggle from the commentators who then quickly brushed over it. Yesterday, for probably the first time in their history, the Rags got held to the same standard as the likes of Huddersfield and it made for a fairer game and the right decision. How any Blue could be against that because of some teething problems (despite the correct decisions) is beyond me, almost willing for us to go back to the Rags having it their own way. How any Blue could turn this down after the tackles we've been subjected to, and knowing it's the only way to get round the on-pitch official turning a blind eye with no accountability, is also beyond me.

Tempo dies, atmosphere is killed stone dead.
This notion that it's good because it makes the 'right decisions' baffles me.
When has football ever been 100% right? To save some time i'll answer that. Never.

When has football ever been 100% right? To save some time i'll answer that. Never.
And that's the trick - there's a balance between getting the right decision and preserving game tempo. The current nascent iteration of VAR isn't acceptable to many football fans (takes too long, audience has no idea what's going on when VAR is making decisions) - but VAR is in its infancy. I'm confident that VAR kinks will be worked out and that we'll see widespread adoption of VAR in a few years.

Last edited:
When we get leg breaking tackles and it's in use it can take an hour for all i care to get a review and get the **** sent off,they would cut that crap out if they knew they could be sent off,i see only benefits for us

For 25 years the Rags have won games, trophies and titles on the back of getting favourable calls in situations just like that whilst everyone else has had to suffer with a quiet giggle from the commentators who then quickly brushed over it. Yesterday, for probably the first time in their history, the Rags got held to the same standard as the likes of Huddersfield and it made for a fairer game and the right decision. How any Blue could be against that because of some teething problems (despite the correct decisions) is beyond me, almost willing for us to go back to the Rags having it their own way. How any Blue could turn this down after the tackles we've been subjected to, and knowing it's the only way to get round the on-pitch official turning a blind eye with no accountability, is also beyond me.
We are now 16 points ahead, with no VAR scrutiny. I know what you're saying and can understand your stance, and I
have empathy with it, but the ref would not have been castigated for that goal after the match, to any degree, as it was not a
glaring offside when viewed at the time. Personally, I'm against this system in football, the rhythm gets upset,
the flow is affected, but the direction appears to be in your favour at the moment, and I think that your view will prevail.

BT said the VAR had looked at a version with straight lines, and sent the images over at HT to BT. The fact everyone is using the wonky lines is a wilful misrepresentation of what's happened to get people like you to assume the VAR made the decision with dodgy info, when they didn't.

This is where TV pundits should disclose their conflicts of interest. Members of that BT sports team are active ‘consultants’ for betting companies. Of course they would kick off against it.

Good post. This will go on for weeks as it was made against the rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.