VAR (PL introduction 2019)

To be fair though, they have no more idea what's going on than you do in the stadium, they are only watching their own replays, but they have no idea what is being said off camera, and until everyone, fans in the stadium, fans on TV, and the TV commentary team can hear it, its bent not very transparent.
I thought VAR was based on Rugby where the Ref is miked up so everyone can hear and understand his reasoning i believe this is how Rugby`s Refs earned their respect, I watched enough of VAR in Europe over the weekend to know it does not work

People aren't "against it", people are against how its being used, ie with no transparency.
Forget the transparency it's being used incorrectly to start with as wrong decisions are still being given. Why weren't we given a penalty when Nmecha was fouled last night? I am not sure why the ref didn't give in the first place but then VAR said no pen when if you look it's a clear shove with the elbow into the rib/back area, not shoulder to shoulder.

It would appear that its use is still entirely subjective, regardless of the incident and thus it will not stop injustice or cheating and i dont use that word lightly.

Certain teams and players will constantly benefit from its use whilst others will get fuck all and shafted by it.

They have the audio available with Rugby, why not for Football?? It would give the impression of impartiality, no hiding for the officials. Put it on a big screen and let the fans see it too. There will always be doubters, but as long as there’s complete transparency it should be accepted. There will always be the odd fcuk up, but there are so many camera angles, there shouldn’t be any doubt.
There will be no hiding for the sly cnuts then.

Mods feel free to move it to a var thread if there is one .

Is VAR going to be used in the fa cup final ?. Wembley isn't a premiership ground so I guess not. But a premiership team uses it as their home ground so it is !. And if spurs make the final it will be used as it's their home ground. If two other teams make the final it isn't their home ground so it won't be used !!

Is this just another cock up by the fa , I mean how can you have two matches being played at the same time played under different rules in the same competition

Mods feel free to move it to a var thread if there is one .

Is VAR going to be used in the fa cup final ?. Wembley isn't a premiership ground so I guess not. But a premiership team uses it as their home ground so it is !. And if spurs make the final it will be used as it's their home ground. If two other teams make the final it isn't their home ground so it won't be used !!

Is this just another cock up by the fa , I mean how can you have two matches being played at the same time played under different rules in the same competition

Premier League .

Im for Var but what is a worry is the words are it has to be a clear mistake! So referee blows whistle for a penalty goes to var and its a 50/50 pen but its given because no concrete evidence to over turn it! So the likes of Liverpool the scum get penalties for next to nowt while we can have players be fouled in the box continually get nowt. Another thing I dont like is its the same bias blinkered referees in the box making the decisions on var incedents..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.