VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Another VARcical decision in the Nigeria v South Korea WWC match, with them spending 10 minutes reviewing and still missing an obvious hand ball for Nigeria’s goal.

because what we've put up with for years is a joke - a ref and a couple of linos controlling a game at speed, with diving cheating players everywhere and a home crowd screaming for everything, a player goes down in the area and they are FORCED into a decision, if they are unsure they have to take a GUESS.
how is that fair ?

not only this, when they get the decision wrong - they get scrutinized and labelled as corrupt. its ridiculous.

any form of progress is the way to go, surely.

I know what you're getting at and I agree with your sentiments but don't forget, you're talking to City fans here. So far, we've seen VAR at work regularly only in the CL. Before VAR, our CL games were often marked by bizarre decisions. Almost never in our favour. People on this site could give you a list as long as your arm going back to two first half penalties not given in Munich in 2011. Well, it's the CL what do you expect? It's normal, year after year. Then, VAR will sort it out. Or so most of us thought.

Last season we saw VAR in the flesh and as far as I can see, there's effectively no difference. 3 out of 4 of our knock out games, not ties, games were ruined by VAR. Even a game we won 7-0 had the enjoyment sucked out of it as they VAR'd 4, I think consecutive, goals when the game was already over. They didn't even add the time on for fans who'd paid maybe 30, 40, 50 quid and the rest to be there. I think the game at Schalke left every City fan with a bad taste in the mouth. Funny how the pitchside monitor stopped working for twenty minutes while the officials awarded the home team two penalties. The ref couldn't see replays of the incidents, so the VARs watching replays in some unknown location described to him what happened but nobody has ever heard what they said. No, I'm not making it up. The Tottenham game gave us more VAR bullshit. The ref only saw certain selected replays on the pitchside monitor and not from as many angles as people at home saw on their TV.

It's not the outcomes City fans object to, it's the special shitty process that seems to be reserved for our games because I've never heard of these things happening at other games. Even if you win 7-0, they can still ruin the game for you by VARing every fucking goal if they feel like it. What can you do about if you've already paid for your ticket and dragged your arse to the ground? The real question however, is will the Premier League copy UEFA and find ways to fuck up just our games with VAR or will they fuck up everybody's games equally and would that be progress?

because what we've put up with for years is a joke - a ref and a couple of linos controlling a game at speed, with diving cheating players everywhere and a home crowd screaming for everything, a player goes down in the area and they are FORCED into a decision, if they are unsure they have to take a GUESS.
how is that fair ?

not only this, when they get the decision wrong - they get scrutinized and labelled as corrupt. its ridiculous.

any form of progress is the way to go, surely.
If it's 'a joke' why did you
a, get into footy
B, continue to be into footy
and 3, is it now the biggest global sport.

The trouble with VAR is that the same useless officials who controlled matches before its introduction are now supervising the VAR control rooms.

They then look at the evidence and, unless it is clear cut, end up making the same stupid decisions they did before the advent of VAR.

I can not believe on the evidence they witnesed for the Otimendi handball that they could ever think it was deliberate. But the VAR screen mysteriously stopped working and UEFA as soon as they could after the match decided to change the handball rule to suit the VAR decision.

In the France v Norway WWC game this evening the fact that the French player jumped in with a two footed tackle was convieniently overlooked so they could award the French a penalty.

VAR will not work if the people operating it are at best idiots or even worse corruptable.

The trouble with VAR is that the same useless officials who controlled matches before its introduction are now supervising the VAR control rooms.

They then look at the evidence and, unless it is clear cut, end up making the same stupid decisions they did before the advent of VAR.

I can not believe on the evidence they witnesed for the Otimendi handball that they could ever think it was deliberate. But the VAR screen mysteriously stopped working and UEFA as soon as they could after the match decided to change the handball rule to suit the VAR decision.

In the France v Norway WWC game this evening the fact that the French player jumped in with a two footed tackle was convieniently overlooked so they could award the French a penalty.

VAR will not work if the people operating it are at best idiots or even worse corruptable.

bent as fuck imo

Another VARcical decision in the Nigeria v South Korea WWC match, with them spending 10 minutes reviewing and still missing an obvious hand ball for Nigeria’s goal.
Unless my eyes deceived me you could see the rotation of the ball changing so not sure why it wasn't disallowed.

There was talk of showing VAR replays on the screens in grounds. Has this been decided?

If so can we expect this to be a requirement for the Premier League so ManUtd and Liverpool to install screens?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.