VAR (PL introduction 2019)

And of course when some dimwitted linesman fails to spot a player standing a foot or more offside right in front of his nose.
There's nothing dimwitted about Simon Beck, he knows exactly what he's doing. Looks after the old sky 4 and his beloved spurs.

I can already see next seasons controversies, they will include, why did they check X decision but not Y decision. I don't want this VAR crap, look at the way we got done over by it in the CL.

It doesn’t though, does it? The tech is nowhere near enough developed to get offsides right. The obvious ones maybe, but not all the ones it will be used for

It’s getting far more offside decisions correct than if we didn’t have VAR.
Liverpool wouldn’t have had those offside goals last season.

and if that goal denied you a win in a cup final ? or the title ? or a defeat to Liverpool ?

you may be able to brush it off, but majority of fans will be going mental in the stands,booing the ref off, bombarding forums saying the ref is corrupt and then the pundits make it the main talking point - if everyone had your blase attitude and could accept a ref gets it wrong on the odd occasion then we wouldn't be in a situation where VAR was required.
Correct.
I'll never forget (or forgive) Alf Grey!

Its literally turning competitions into a lottery of who will get awarded the most penalties.

Its an abomination.

What i dont understand about VAR is why has it regressed into the total shambles we have today from the relative success of the previous world cup.... ?

IMO its because they (Governing bodies/Refs) want it to fail.

Virtually everyone is in agreement as to how to implement it with total transparency, screens in grounds, all angles seen by VAR/ref seen by crowd and an open mic so everyone can hear what it is being discussed and said.

Not only will they not do that but they are literally allowing different rules for different leagues/competitions and making it up as they go along it seems with rule changes half way through competitions to suit.

Its an absolute farce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.