VAR Thread - 2021/22

We never got an apology but instead of that we had ref experts saying why it was great decision by twat Oliver not to award pen for this:

skysports-alexander-arnold_4832748.jpg

Lukaku timed his run perfectly. If anything Chalobah delayed the pass a little too long, but he was onside. Hard to blame Lukaku when he actually held his run really well and stayed onside.
First viewing of VAR I thought he was level and when I played, that was onside. The point I’m making is he could have delayed his move and still been clean through. I felt he was a bit too eager. Shame because you easily deserved to win.

VAR is very much open to manipulation and corruption.

Drawing lines to show offsides by millimetres is misleading as the technology is not accurate enough to calculate such distances.

Lukaku looked onside to me yesterday but was ruled off by the finest of margins..

Ronaldo, Salah, Mane and Rashford no doubt may well have been shown to be 'just on' on another day, dependant on the importance of the goal scored..

Rodri's alleged handball at the weekend may or may not have been handball.

The pictures that were shown were not conclusive.

The ref didn't see it clearly, VAR looked at it for over a minute and couldn't say for sure if it was handball or not.

Therefore it couldn't be given as a penalty so no penalty was awarded..

Notwithstanding that Richarlison may well have been offside in the build up..

However, if the conversation between the VAR official and the ref had been audible then the baying, frothing at the mouth SKY pundits, media and the rest of the 'city are cheating bastards' rabble would at least have had an explanation as to how VAR had reached the decision they did.

Until VAR becomes transparent, it will always be looked at by the vast majority of football fans as being dodgy at best.

American football has audible refs telling the fans in the stadium and the watching millions what's happened, it's not that hard really..!

In conclusion, one has to ask then why is VAR not fully transparent ?

There has to be a reason..

Betting syndicates ?
The PL is a multi £billion pound industry..

Result manipulation ?
Ensure certain teams are placed in favourable positions within the league. The rags winning an unprecedented 20+ penalties a couple of seasons ago to clinch 4th spot for example..

SKY / BT subscriptions ?
Both broadcasters have billions invested in the PL. Both broadcasters get to hear VAR discussions as they happen as acknowledged by their matchday commentators.
Why can't the public hear the same conversations ?

Ensuring the most popular teams get the necessary assistance they need to keep the Far Eastern fans subscribing would be most preferable to both these broadcasters.

We've already been told that "a weak Manchester United is bad for the brand"

Red shirt favouritism ?
See above..

Who knows..!

It might of course be none of the above and VAR may in fact just be a honest tool, implemented to assist the referees..!

Not sure about that last bit to be honest..!

Where is @BlueHammer85 by the way? I caught him out deleting posts about the Carabao final. I thought he might want to clarify his position.

Yo. I didn’t delete any post. You check with mods if you want. You can apologise for that incorrect statement.

I didn’t catch all the game. I’ve seen the still picture of Chelsea offside which looked very marginal. Also Liverpool had a goal disallowed and there fans were in uproar about that. But seems it was the correct decision

This needs investigating the number of recent red scouser games he’s been involved in is very suspicious..
Next weekend: West Ham (H) - VAR.
FA Cup: Norwich (H) - Not involved.
Carabao Cup Final: VAR.
Leeds: Not involved.
Norwich (H): Not involved.
Burnley (A): VAR.
Leicester (H): VAR.
Palace (A): Not involved.
Brentford (H): Not involved.
Chelsea (A): VAR.

Then it tails off before then. So 5 of their last 10 games he's been on VAR, including 4 of their last 8 league games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.