VAR Thread - 2021/22

I foolishly thought var would be used retrospectively to high-light shit-house actions off the ball, that officials have missed but cameras/spectators have witnessed. The technology is incapable of the hair-line decisions it is being used for, the glaring off-the-ball stuff carries on because the players can get away with it, the melee at corners and free-kicks is shameful and getting worse.No way can var be allowed to change results, but should be used retrospectively to punish/absolve those involved.
Talk about pie in the sky... :(

mate it was absolutely handball. Anyone who has played the game at any level knows it.

We could have a debate about whether we are use a few decisions or whatever but I’d just prefer the game to be officiated properly

View attachment 37558
How do you know that in those pictures the ball is in contact with his arm - 2D pictures give you no idea of depth, i.e the gap between his arm and the ball, if so, then by the same logic you could say the ball is touching the grass behind it in the picture.

How do you know that in those pictures the ball is in contact with his arm - 2D pictures give you no idea of depth, i.e the gap between his arm and the ball, if so, then by the same logic you could say the ball is touching the grass behind it in the picture.
I don't for certainty. I note our gaffer said it was a penalty tho, so that'll do for me :)

mate it was absolutely handball. Anyone who has played the game at any level knows it.

We could have a debate about whether we are use a few decisions or whatever but I’d just prefer the game to be officiated properly

View attachment 37558
The second image it looks like it's hit his forearm and we know it couldn't have hit him there. That's damaging their own argument, whoever put those two together. There should be another one from the front where looks like it's mostly hit his sleeve.

It's clear to me that decisions can't be defined. One man's handball is not another's. Offside isn't the same for everybody. A foul can be viewed MANY different ways.

Currently we have 6 or 7 (in VAR) people trying to apply rules that can't be definitive for everyone, the best they can hope for is to match the majority viewpoint on that incident.

What I would like to see (because these things are not definitive) is ONE person, the ref, making those judgements, with the help of video replays. But please no more random people in the VAR control room making judgements because everyone has a different take on any event and all we end up with is randomnicity.

I don't for certainty. I note our gaffer said it was a penalty tho, so that'll do for me :)
But to be fair, I'd have been annoyed if a penalty wasn't given to us if the other way around (but we've had more than our fair share of dodgy decisions - maybe this is the leveling out over the course of a season they speak of)

Pep also thinks Richarlison was offside in the build-up, lets not forget that bit. It was a pretty important part of what he was trying to say.

Until we have refs and the var room miked up for all to hear what's being said and shown on the screens within the ground, then its never going to work properly.

football is so far behind rugby and cricket in this its untrue

That Rodri handball seems like a clear cut handball in isolation. If Richarlison was offside in the build-up then that should negate the handball and therefore the right call in the end.

I haven't seen the incident back though, so with the offside thing, I'm only going by what has been said in here. If Richarlison was offside, the handball is null and void. If he wasn't offside, it should have been a pen to Everton.

I often get the feeling VAR is trying to get goals disallowed for whatever happens in the build up to a goal. If the ref gives a goal, 11 players celebrate and the other 11 players on the conceding side don’t protest or show signs they accepted the goal, there’s the VAR searching up until the moment he cries: “ Hold on …. “.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.