VAR Thread - 2021/22

OK ta for the explanation but that doesnt excuse the 5 minute shit show.
Last match of the season, we need the win but we are losing 1-0 and playing poorly. We come out for the second half and after 34 seconds get a penalty.......
3 hours later after the ref has had a cup of tea, Neville has told us how great ten haag is and Mrs Mist has phoned to say my teas gone cold, we kick off again.
OK it's an exaggeration but it took 5 minutes to sort nothing out. No Watford player even argued the decsion.
Var is shite.
I think they were trying to either wait for it to be fixed, or work out what to do if it wasn't working.

In the end I believe someone they referred to as the "match manager", who did still have contact with VAR, was going to relay decisions in person to the fourth official who could pass them on to the ref.

First time I've seen it happen, so it's not a total surprise that it took them a while to work something out. I am surprised that the time wasn't added on. I know there seems to be an unwritten rule that one sided games tend not to have lots of extra time, but maybe we'd have got another if Watford were disheartened by 6 minutes going up on the board.

OK ta for the explanation but that doesnt excuse the 5 minute shit show.
Last match of the season, we need the win but we are losing 1-0 and playing poorly. We come out for the second half and after 34 seconds get a penalty.......
3 hours later after the ref has had a cup of tea, Neville has told us how great ten haag is and Mrs Mist has phoned to say my teas gone cold, we kick off again.
OK it's an exaggeration but it took 5 minutes to sort nothing out. No Watford player even argued the decsion.
Var is shite.
We could all see that Jesus won the ball fairly and then was completely taken out by the keeper - no need for VAR.

But if they have to use it and it is not functioning correctly would it not be polite to inform those present at the stadium what the fuck is going on?

I think they were trying to either wait for it to be fixed, or work out what to do if it wasn't working.

In the end I believe someone they referred to as the "match manager", who did still have contact with VAR, was going to relay decisions in person to the fourth official who could pass them on to the ref.

First time I've seen it happen, so it's not a total surprise that it took them a while to work something out. I am surprised that the time wasn't added on. I know there seems to be an unwritten rule that one sided games tend not to have lots of extra time, but maybe we'd have got another if Watford were disheartened by 6 minutes going up on the board.
1. @richardtheref assures me there is no such thing as a match commander. (But i agree with you)
2. If I had a tenner on City to win 6-1 i would be really pissed off by the idiot's deciding to end it early
3. If we lose the title on goal difference, see point 2.
4. The entire thing is a shit show. The rags were denied 2 clear penalties, ok, we laugh because its them but that was a joke of a match.

Let's just say Var has been nothing short of atrocious, inconsistent and bizarre since it's been introduced to the game.

I would like to add as well that the thing that annoys me more is the inconsistent part of Var. It would be one decision for one and a different one for the other. There is no consistency with this and that the thing that is the most frustrating and annoying imo.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.