VAR Thread - 2021/22

Let's just say Var has been nothing short of atrocious, inconsistent and bizarre since it's been introduced to the game.
non of the above . it's doing exactly what it was brought in do . to manipulate the outcome of games . they choose pens cards offsides etc to their own agenda.
money really is the root of all evil. should they wish they have the power to give Norwich the title .

1. @richardtheref assures me there is no such thing as a match commander. (But i agree with you)
2. If I had a tenner on City to win 6-1 i would be really pissed off by the idiot's deciding to end it early
3. If we lose the title on goal difference, see point 2.
4. The entire thing is a shit show. The rags were denied 2 clear penalties, ok, we laugh because its them but that was a joke of a match.
I never said there was no such thing as a match commander, just the influence you think he has on games. He is there purely to ensure VAR runs correctly. LOL

I agree re the extra time. Took close to 4 minutes to sort out the VAR, 6 subs (which should be 3 minutes in itself), 2 goals (another minute), and a couple of injuries.

This is probably more a problem with Kevin Friend. 2 or years ago he was involved in a FL game where there was a serious injury that took something like 8 minutes to sort. At the end of the game 4 minutes played,

I never said there was no such thing as a match commander, just the influence you think he has on games. He is there purely to ensure VAR runs correctly. LOL

I agree re the extra time. Took close to 4 minutes to sort out the VAR, 6 subs (which should be 3 minutes in itself), 2 goals (another minute), and a couple of injuries.

This is probably more a problem with Kevin Friend. 2 or years ago he was involved in a FL game where there was a serious injury that took something like 8 minutes to sort. At the end of the game 4 minutes played,
Correctly you say?

VAR shambles as chiefs with NO football experience 'overruling Premier League referees at Stockley Park' (thesun.co.uk)

non of the above . it's doing exactly what it was brought in do . to manipulate the outcome of games . they choose pens cards offsides etc to their own agenda.
money really is the root of all evil. should they wish they have the power to give Norwich the title .
Which is why it is atrocious. Football will never see the value of learning from other sports whose attempts at video assistance show PiGMOL what probity and transparency are all about. What we get from VAR is basically the essence of what the ref on the pitch is able to do. We need to see, on the big screen, what the VAR shed wallahs are scrutinising, hear what verbiage they are uttering and see whether the whole thing joins together, which currently it is far from doing!

I must be in the minority that thinks it’s been good for the league and there’s been a lot more good than bad. Obviously today was frustrating, but Atwell was responsible. Alexander Arnold gets away with a blatant yellow card in the first half which pretty much set the tone. VAR should have looked at the Matip push, but we got away with a nailed on penalty at goodison. One improvement it does need is we need to hear the communication between referee and the officials monitoring VAR. Without them being hooked up to the broadcasters, questions will always be asked about bias/agenda/corruption.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.