VAR Thread - 2021/22

The thing with VAR is that sadly it’s being controlled by officials that in a nutshell are fooking awfull ............ it’s a great invention when used correctly sadly it ain’t :( honestly I would keep it for offsides etc but the rest naaaaahhhhh waste of time in the hands of people that are crap at there job anyhow

But again, what about Jesus penalty incident ? He was clearly taken out. Fair enough ref didn’t have perfect view. Surely that’s where VAR is good ? - teams shouldn’t be robbed of blatant fouls like that. It will just keep the outrage and conspiracy shouts going.

We just need to work on getting better VAR officials and work on improvements over time - unfortunately in football there are so many grey areas and different people have different perspectives !

But again, what about Jesus penalty incident ? He was clearly taken out. Fair enough ref didn’t have perfect view. Surely that’s where VAR is good ? - teams shouldn’t be robbed of blatant fouls like that. It will just keep the outrage and conspiracy shouts going.

We just need to work on getting better VAR officials and work on improvements over time - unfortunately in football there are so many grey areas and different people have different perspectives !
That’s why sadly this kind of stuff will continue when it’s in the hands of poor officials ............ this was brought in to help the officials but sadly even with all the technology going they still cannot get it right .......... and tbh I don’t think City helped themselves with the Jesus penalty:( had there been a massive reaction over it then it may have warranted more ( sad but true ) but the players didn’t really react to it so the officials may have just gone along with it

They would. Refs are ducking out of so many decisions since VAR came in. And VAR getting 50% right Is just not good enough
They can't be doing that because if it's not clear and obvious they go back to the refs decision. So they should say what they think and if they're wrong let VAR tell them so.

Sadly, we are but voices in the wilderness. We are powerless to act against the obvious bias that we the fans witness game in game out. It will not change. Russian oligarchs, wealthy and influential American and Far Eastern business conglomerates own the game now. Not us.
Many years ago you would pay your money to see a game of football. A game that your club might win, lose or draw. Whatever the outcome, you paid good money to see an honest, down-to-earth football match. Nowadays you go to games involving certain clubs and you already know the result. You can confidently predict that the favoured clubs will be assisted by refereeing decisions that are, quite frankly, absurd. The result of the game was decided long before the game kicked off.

Absolutely disgusting.

Ok. But many are saying refs/officials are corrupt against Man City. So would they have given a penalty today without VAR ?

The penalty decisions before VAR were way more of a farce , Salah and co diving with zero contact and getting penalty’s - still don’t get them all correct now even with VAR help which is infuriating, but it was far worse than this. In my opinion.
You're choosing the most extreme point of view and debating why its wrong. It's an easy way of avoiding answering the actual questions.

You're choosing the most extreme point of view and debating why its wrong. It's an easy way of avoiding answering the actual questions.

What is the actual question ? I can’t give an explanation to why officials don’t get it right every single time.

It’s like without VAR me asking you an explanation for every incident

The easy answer is it’s all corrupt and the refs are cheats - but all fans seem to claim this.

The actual answer is officials are human and even with the benefit of VAR they still get it wrong - that shouldn’t stop people pressing them to get decisions more accurate and we should always look at ways for them to improve.

What is the actual question ? I can’t give an explanation to why officials don’t get it right every single time.

It’s like without VAR me asking you an explanation for every incident

The easy answer is it’s all corrupt and the refs are cheats - but all fans seem to claim this.

The actual answer is officials are human and even with the benefit of VAR they still get it wrong - that shouldn’t stop people pressing them to get decisions more accurate and we should always look at ways for them to improve.

There is no way you can get that foul on Jesus wrong. He as clear as day kicks him = penalty.

I dont understand how its not given.

There is no way you can get that foul on Jesus wrong. He as clear as day kicks him = penalty.

I dont understand how its not given.

Is there a clip of this ? Honestly must of missed it (like the officials!) - I know it’s stone wall by the reaction on here, just interested to see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.