VAR Thread - 2021/22

Taylor is 100 per cent a United fan from birth and so are all his family. That said I think he usually treats City reasonably because he overcompensates to avoid being accused of bias by all his family's neighbours in South Manchester.

They would. Refs are ducking out of so many decisions since VAR came in. And VAR getting 50% right Is just not good enough
The refs are giving us nothing as they were pre VAR coming in. Without VAR we get zero penalties yesterday. Yes they were both pens. Yes they are corrupt, no other word for it but without VAR we would be worse off. Yesterday was a prime example of how we are refereed period. If it was a red shirt, the difference in the decisions would be stark. If left to the officials alone on the pitch, with no chance of review we dont get either Pen. I know what id rather have.

Last edited:
But again, what about Jesus penalty incident ? He was clearly taken out. Fair enough ref didn’t have perfect view. Surely that’s where VAR is good ? - teams shouldn’t be robbed of blatant fouls like that. It will just keep the outrage and conspiracy shouts going.

We just need to work on getting better VAR officials and work on improvements over time - unfortunately in football there are so many grey areas and different people have different perspectives !
What, ref didnt have a perfect view??? It couldn't have been more perfect.
This is the level of decision we get if VAR isn't there.

Those wanting VAR gone need to be careful what they wish for, we are much worse off without it as yesterday showed yet again

Attachments

• A166A3BE-8C14-4FD2-8B4A-DA4D723E3035.jpeg
    A166A3BE-8C14-4FD2-8B4A-DA4D723E3035.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 37
Taylor is 100 per cent a United fan from birth and so are all his family. That said I think he usually treats City reasonably because he overcompensates to avoid being accused of bias by all his family's neighbours in South Manchester.
Yep. Went to united games all his early life, family still has season tickets. Moved 50 yards over the border from Wythenshawe to Timperley (Cheshire) so he could join the Cheshire FA declare as an “Altrincham fan” and be able to ref United/City games

What, ref didnt have a perfect view??? It couldn't have been more perfect.
This is the level of decision we get if VAR isn't there.

Those wanting VAR gone need to be careful what they wish for, we are much worse off without it as yesterday showed yet again

I try and be balanced and give the refs the benefit of doubt, the speed of the game is so fast nowadays and you got players/crowd appealing absolutely everything

But yes you made my whole point. Without VAR the decisions would be a lot worse - VAR has highlighted how much they get wrong.

Last edited:
He's a little shit when the games tight. When we're battering someone, he'll then give us a bunch of decisions under the pretence of being fair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.