VAR Thread - 2021/22

As far as I can see, there are 3 main question marks over VAR. They won't resolve all arguments, but will surely help understanding.

- the lack of transparency in what is reviewed and why decisions are made as they are.
A live tracker is impractical, but it could easily be issued after the game. Why did the ref not give something? What did they think they saw?

- the above could lead into a second point of are refs taking the easy way out, and letting VAR take the flak.
There do appear to be some shonky on-field decisions which seem inexplicable.

- the timing/interaction of TV/TV commentators and the VAR team
If you've tried listening to radio comms with TV pictures, there's a considerable delay involved. The comms team clearly hear some of the discussions, but it's unclear if it's only at one end.
I'm sure there was a statement in the past over what audio input VAR get, or whether they just get pictures.

Ok. But many are saying refs/officials are corrupt against Man City. So would they have given a penalty today without VAR ?

The penalty decisions before VAR were way more of a farce , Salah and co diving with zero contact and getting penalty’s - still don’t get them all correct now even with VAR help which is infuriating, but it was far worse than this. In my opinion.
We're never going to agree on this bud and that's fine :) VAR is OK if you're watching on TV and know what's going on. It's a nightmare watching live at the ground. I'm already thinking if we score on Sunday I wont be able to celebrate a title winning goal because you can't tell at all in the ground if it's offside by a mm or if the ball has flicked someones hand half an hour ago! I'd rather have more decisions against us than have VAR. It kills the moment which is what football is all about for me... but I understand others like yourself are different

We're never going to agree on this bud and that's fine :) VAR is OK if you're watching on TV and know what's going on. It's a nightmare watching live at the ground. I'm already thinking if we score on Sunday I wont be able to celebrate a title winning goal because you can't tell at all in the ground if it's offside by a mm or if the ball has flicked someones hand half an hour ago! I'd rather have more decisions against us than have VAR. It kills the moment which is what football is all about for me... but I understand others like yourself are different

I totally understand that perspective aswell.
If everyone had that mindset and could accept officials getting it wrong and not be outraged then I would say no to VAR also.

the powers are secretly conspiring against every single team.

Why do referees get so many decisions wrong against United? - Republik Of Mancunia: A Manchester United Blog (therepublikofmancunia.com)

West Ham pay the penalty as Premier League bias becomes clear (hammers.news)

VAR decisions against Everton are beyond a joke and Premier League must sort it out - Michael Ball - Liverpool Echo

Is there a secret refereeing conspiracy against Arsenal? (paininthearsenal.com)

'This Man Has A Strong Agenda': Chelsea Fans Launch Petition Against Referee - SPORTbible

ARSENAL BIAS: Do referees have it out for the Gunners? (youaremyarsenal.com)

Refs are downright biased to big 6 clubs, how is this not a foul? : PremierLeague (reddit.com)

Referee bias towards City : PremierLeague (reddit.com)

Martin Atkinson’s Bias Against Liverpool – It’s In The Stats And Anecdotes – The Tomkins Times

Are Liverpool fans right to fume over Anthony Taylor appointment for Manchester City clash? | LiverpoolWorld

Referee Jon Moss slated as even Liverpool fans suggest 'bias' - Daily Star

Are referees targeting the Villans? | AVFC - Avillafan.com - Aston Villa Fansite, Blog, & Forum..

Frank Lampard hints at refereeing bias following Merseyside derby defeat (90min.com)

West Ham United - The Game's Gone Crazy: Referees Biased Against West Ham - Official Confirmation! (thegamesgonecrazy.blogspot.com)

Dirty Arsenal or referee bias - Are the Gunners really the Premier League's bad boys? | Goal.com

Referees Will Not Let Chelsea Win The League | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Why do referees get so many decisions wrong against United? - Republik Of Mancunia: A Manchester United Blog (therepublikofmancunia.com)

VAR decisions against Everton are beyond a joke and Premier League must sort it out - Michael Ball - Liverpool Echo

'This Man Has A Strong Agenda': Chelsea Fans Launch Petition Against Referee - SPORTbible

Refs are downright biased to big 6 clubs, how is this not a foul? : PremierLeague (reddit.com)

Martin Atkinson’s Bias Against Liverpool – It’s In The Stats And Anecdotes – The Tomkins Times

Are Liverpool fans right to fume over Anthony Taylor appointment for Manchester City clash? | LiverpoolWorld

Are referees targeting the Villans? | AVFC - Avillafan.com - Aston Villa Fansite, Blog, & Forum..

Frank Lampard hints at refereeing bias following Merseyside derby defeat (90min.com)

West Ham United - The Game's Gone Crazy: Referees Biased Against West Ham - Official Confirmation! (thegamesgonecrazy.blogspot.com)

Dirty Arsenal or referee bias - Are the Gunners really the Premier League's bad boys? | Goal.com

Referees Will Not Let Chelsea Win The League | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
This is not new and definitely not down to var.

Yer right BH, but conspiracy is in the same category as 'equality'! Refs are conspiring against every team but some teams are more conspired against than others. We should have had a retake of the pen yesterday but as Taylor wasn't giving the pen in the first place he was fucked if he was gonna order a retake. However, had he been down at The Swamp then St Bruno could have had as many retakes as he needed!

Conspiracies aside VAR and how games are refereed needs improving. I hope they get on with employing some commonsense transparency one of these days.

And while I'm at it [CRAZY SUGGESTION WARNING] if twas me... every player from semiprofessional up should be required to do a refereeing training course and referee a set number of games at some level. At least then they might get some perspective when they start moaning.

The refs don't help themselves imo. They should never accept disrespect and they should explain everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.