VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video ref (or the 'match commander': who f*cking knows what goes on behind closed doors?) obviously disagreed with Pawson's initial assessment and told him to have another look. From that point onwards it was inevitable.
Pawson thought no penalty, all the dipper players were clamouring for one, and as soon as the commentators (immediately) joined in we were done for. i accept with the current rules, once VAR get involved its only going to get given. However, in my opinion, not just because we were on the receiving end (again), the header was going wide, and Dias (even the commentators agreed) was trying to pull his arm away, i understand how that is a penalty, but WHY ??

I suppose if you cant score with a header or a shot by beating the goalkeeper, we should practice trying to hit the opponents arm or hand, having said that if its City they likely wont give it !

Above is exactly it. Half a dozen dippers haranguing the ref after the Dias incident, basically stopped him from getting on with the game. To me this sort of shite has to come down from Bingo himself being the whinging **** he is. There is also another trick they’re all doing regularly now, started by van dick, which is that little hand movement suggest ‘get up’ after they commit a foul. The refs swallow it every time. Fucking cheats to a man.

Seems to me that the TV company (director, commentator) are actually the VAR Match directors.
No screaming about the obvious Liverpool handball and not even a replay = no VAR review.

Handball laws as they currently stand:

It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

I think we can all agree that Ruben didn't move his arm towards the ball. I think we can all agree he didn't make his body unnaturally bigger so why was it a penalty?

The Cancelo - Terence Trent Darby 50/50 was another example of a nothing challenge that they crowded the ref for (including Bingo with the 4th official)
You only have to watch the direction the ball went to see Cancelo won it.
Fucking hate Klopp the whinging ****.
And don't get me started on that Nunez feigning after being tackled.
He will be the league's new Van Nistleroy.
All other players will hate him

The time it took to allow our goal when it was obvious after a cursory glance of the replay it was onside is the biggest concern for me. What were they checking for on the offside, it sure as hell wasn't Phil, so were they trying to make out Alvarez was off in the middle and rule it out for making a move to the ball, that would have been boll*cks and he picked it up after the next phase of play (Phil's shot and the keeper's save)? It basically played out to me that they were looking at anyway possible to rule it out when there were no reasons to do so.
VAR is a great tool, being used by great tools incorrectly

Edit: Not VAR but when are they going to penalise Alexander-Arnold for foul throws, every single one is "one handed" and illegal

Last edited:
I swear we need to start kicking the ball into touch near the corner flag and using the stoppage to draw attention to any potential pens. Otherwise the game goes on and it makes it easier for them to ignore.

When we have a shout for a pen no one on commentary calls it out and same for lack of replays. It reminds me of how things go quiet when a british player dives.

It was obvious straight away it was onside, I was wondering if they were trying to desperately look at the challenge on the keeper when it spilled back out to Alverez as a reason? Going to be a few more of these between now and May to get used to.

or they could scrap VAR and just flagged it offside ? or the ref could blow up for a foul on Adrian and no goal given..

it far easier to manipulate outcomes without VAR

It was obvious straight away it was onside, I was wondering if they were trying to desperately look at the challenge on the keeper when it spilled back out to Alverez as a reason? Going to be a few more of these between now and May to get used to.
I think it was this - the non-offside could be spotted easily in open play, let alone with gridlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.