VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handball laws as they currently stand:

It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

I think we can all agree that Ruben didn't move his arm towards the ball. I think we can all agree he didn't make his body unnaturally bigger so why was it a penalty?
Ergh because the scouse rats said it was?

But I agree with you. He jumped for the ball. Where were his hands meant to go ?

Carney is fucking clueless and an embarrassment as far as football commentary goes. She has a bright future at Stockley Park.
Nahhhhhhh she’s just another media lovey who will try to pull anything up regarding Man City ........... it’s all about fitting in don’t you know ............. fooking deliberate ?????? If she thinks that then sorry she shouldn’t be near any game at all

Didn't she contradict herself by saying it was a penalty but Eddie got the ball first?
No @KentBlue she said it was a penalty, then said if it hadn't been offside it would have been a penalty.
Matterface then said the replay showed Eddie got the ball first and she just replied, well on seeing it the first time it looked a clear penalty. Not once did she back down and admit she was wrong.

Still think the TV companies are influencing VAR decisions.

Nobody has offered any evidence to the contrary apart from them flatly denying it, and the fact that what goes on in those shady cabins at Stokley Park is shrouded more secrecy than GCHQ just makes it worse.

Either make it transparent and allow independent auditors to oversee the process, or f*ck it off completely because in its current guise it is not fit for purpose and open to corruption.

Hawkeye is used in ALL majors except the French Open because it's Clay and you can see the markings

but despite being the ONLY major without tech being used, players are not happy:

Shapovalov, however, found support from his fellow players, including U.S. Open champion Dominic Thiem, whose match against Casper Ruud was also blighted by couple of uncertain calls.

“I would support 100% HawkEye on clay, because at the match from Denis against Roberto yesterday there was a mistake, and then today in my match there was a mistake in my favour actually,” world number three Thiem told reporters.

“Casper showed me the mark on his phone after the match. It’s not the umpire’s mistake, because sometimes you just cannot see the mark. It’s too difficult, especially after the set break, because they clean the court, they brush the lines.

“... I hope that next year we will have it (HawkEye) in every clay court tournament.”

Brad Gilbert, a former world number four and currently an acclaimed coach, also felt “modern technology works on clay better than umpire’s interpretations of marks”.

Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas agreed that he would rather depend on technology.

“I think it’s time for HawkEye on clay. I don’t understand why they haven’t proceeded,” said the world number six.

“... We have to keep growing and keep adding new things to the sport that will help make the sport better and more fair.”

The Hawk-Eye Live system will be used at this year's US Open at Flushing Meadows along with seven of the nine ATP and WTA tournaments

Hawk-Eye's margin of error averaged about 3.6 millimeters (0.14 inches) and that the system was around 99.9 percent accurate

but hey, don't let facts get in the way
Errrr, these aren't facts, these are opinions (apart from the mathematical bits at the end of your post, which aren't facts either, they're estimates and averages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.