VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still dont understand why VAR didnt look at it. Clear nailed penalty
I think the official reason is the ball didn't go out of play until we scored. Why that is a rule (that it has to go out of play) when it is so blatant I don't know.
It's the same old shit every season. Why did it take so long for our goal to be given ? No wonder fans think its biaised against us.

I still don’t see the difference between that and Dias’? Neither did it on purpose but 2 different decisions.

Note, the ref waived it away immediately.

It’s amazing how often the clamour from the tv company to take a look and get a different decision is often actioned.

When they immediately say there is nothing to see, we’ll, we often get to see just that, nothing as VAR ignores.

Funny that.

why not instead admit you was wrong and put your hands up and agree Hawkeye is used in pretty much all major tournaments, has a 99.9% accuracy and is a success ?
In cricket and tennis Hawkeye is doing ONE job; tracking the ball. Football is a completely different matter and due to the frame rate of the recording equipment tight offside decisions are still SUBJECTIVE and open to manipulation.

In cricket and tennis Hawkeye is doing ONE job; tracking the ball. Football is a completely different matter and due to the frame rate of the recording equipment tight offside decisions are still SUBJECTIVE and open to manipulation.

I don’t dispute that - far more gray areas in football , always will be

I still don’t see the difference between that and Dias’? Neither did it on purpose but 2 different decisions.

Note, the ref waived it away immediately.
The video ref (or the 'match commander': who f*cking knows what goes on behind closed doors?) obviously disagreed with Pawson's initial assessment and told him to have another look. From that point onwards it was inevitable.

I thought var was meant to be quicker this season ? Or is that just for the World Bribes Cup?

That was a joke for our goal.
What i don't get with our goal (or perhaps i do), is, i can understand how someone can miss something that happens, they just fail to see it, but how can anyone see something that doesn't happen. I didn't think game changing decisions were meant to be guessed or imagined. Linos are not supposed to flag unless they are sure, that smug twat on Saturday, having flagged wrongly, just stood there smiling, slightly shaking his head from side to side, and then when the muppet on the screen got to look at it, he took an eternity, despite the first, it was immediately apparent, on first viewing, to the naked eye, (none of the line drawing shit) that (think it was) Robertson clearly played us onside.
Is it just me that cynically thought they absolutely did not want to allow us to score?

What i don't get with our goal (or perhaps i do), is, i can understand how someone can miss something that happens, they just fail to see it, but how can anyone see something that doesn't happen. I didn't think game changing decisions were meant to be guessed or imagined. Linos are not supposed to flag unless they are sure, that smug twat on Saturday, having flagged wrongly, just stood there smiling, slightly shaking his head from side to side, and then when the muppet on the screen got to look at it, he took an eternity, despite the first, it was immediately apparent, on first viewing, to the naked eye, (none of the line drawing shit) that (think it was) Robertson clearly played us onside.
Is it just me that cynically thought they absolutely did not want to allow us to score?

It was obvious straight away it was onside, I was wondering if they were trying to desperately look at the challenge on the keeper when it spilled back out to Alverez as a reason? Going to be a few more of these between now and May to get used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.