VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I saw spitty I turned off, what was it about ?

Neville confirmed that the comms team can hear the conversation between VAR and onfield ref. They also get to see the replays that VAR get to see as they see it.
Carragher said that as the onfield ref is going to the monitor, the VAR is explaining why it should be overturned, and he didn't think it was a good thing to happen.
Neville said he thinks the VAR/ref conversation should be openly broadcast.

Neville confirmed that the comms team can hear the conversation between VAR and onfield ref. They also get to see the replays that VAR get to see as they see it.
Carragher said that as the onfield ref is going to the monitor, the VAR is explaining why it should be overturned, and he didn't think it was a good thing to happen.
Cheers. It explains a lot. The var man is basically telling the ref he is wrong rather than, have another look, we think ***** but your in charge.

Cheers. It explains a lot. The var man is basically telling the ref he is wrong rather than, have another look, we think ***** but your in charge.

Yes, and if it's a more 'senior' ref in VAR, that would potentially pressurise the onfield ref.
I can't imagine that would have gone down well with Mike Dean, so maybe he'll redress it a bit (if he's allowed to).

Match day 1 in the PL and:
Non penalty for Leeds
Non Penalty for Brighton
Non sending off for the Rag
Non sending off for the Spurs defender

What on earth do both Var and Assistant Var officials do if they cannot see and overturn such simple decisions

'You're telling me you think I've definitely missed something, but I don't think it would be good to review it, because...'???

Because what???

...'because if I did, it would mean that little girl's life support would be switched off...'???

What could possibly be the reason for such a ridiculously inept response?

That is fucking shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.