VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ta. I just cannot stand listening to him. I would rather talk to my wife about FFP than listen to him.
This FFP you speak to your wife about.
Is it financial fair play like the rest of us or your nickname for "fancy frilly panties"

Match day 1 in the PL and:
Non penalty for Leeds
Non Penalty for Brighton
Non sending off for the Rag
Non sending off for the Spurs defender

What on earth do both Var and Assistant Var officials do if they cannot see and overturn such simple decisions
How Brighton didn’t get a penalty for that shove in the back of Welbeck I will never know, I thought that’s what VAR should pick out. I’m wasn’t in favour of VAR at the start and still unconvinced.

VAR should have been a panacea for many ill's, but i think we all know, the decisions from Stockley park are based on who they want to win rather than interpreting the rules.

Match day 1 in the PL and:
Non penalty for Leeds
Non Penalty for Brighton
Non sending off for the Rag
Non sending off for the Spurs defender

What on earth do both Var and Assistant Var officials do if they cannot see and overturn such simple decisions
it's not there to re-ref the game just help the rags out as often as possible

'You're telling me you think I've definitely missed something, but I don't think it would be good to review it, because...'???

Because what???

...'because if I did, it would mean that little girl's life support would be switched off...'???

What could possibly be the reason for such a ridiculously inept response?

That is fucking shocking.
Possible misinterpretation?
Carragher said that as the onfield ref is going to the monitor, the VAR is explaining why it should be overturned, and he didn't think it was a good thing to happen.

should be read as

Carragher said that as the onfield ref is going to the monitor, the VAR is explaining why it should be overturned, and he (CARRAGHER) didn't think it was a good thing to happen (i.e. the explanation of why VAR thought it was wrong).

The first weekend of the season and already var and the idiots that don't run it, is taking centre stage.
I know we are biaised against the rags and see incidents through blue tinted glasses but var didn't even review 2 of the 3 obvious ones at the Swamp. They must have reviewed the rag goal as supposedly they review every goal so how did they miss the handball ? Monday showed 3 camera angles, the third where the player is facing the camera is as clear as day.
What a complete and utter fucking farce.

The first weekend of the season and already var and the idiots that don't run it, is taking centre stage.
I know we are biaised against the rags and see incidents through blue tinted glasses but var didn't even review 2 of the 3 obvious ones at the Swamp. They must have reviewed the rag goal as supposedly they review every goal so how did they miss the handball ? Monday showed 3 camera angles, the third where the player is facing the camera is as clear as day.
What a complete and utter fucking farce.
That incident where Welbeck was shoved to the ground inside the box, I wonder what the decision would of been if the roles were reversed....

There was some strange instant editing the other night in the rags game. The commentators saw what we all saw with the handball goal and one of them thought out loud that’s what VAR was reviewing. As soon as he said that the replay skipped the handball frames and kept showing the ball going into the net and the message they were checking for offside. Nobody anywhere thought offside, everyone thought handball….bent as fuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.