VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come on BM and in here for a start. Its hardly ignored by other City fans. We do talk football in the pub so we do talk about corrupt/crap decisions. I didn't say I spent my entire day in a darkened room ignoring the entire world.
I'm not sure why you find it so hard to understand. You said if people thought it was corrupt why didn't they walk away, I answered you.
So you have no interest in any game that City aren’t playing, yet you come on here and chat passionately about the games you don’t watch?

Imagine how you could debate if you did watch the other games and have better context!

Call it corruption or cheating or whatever,but there is certainly a bias or favouritism towards certain teams,now with VAR it’s easier to award or turn a blind eye on decisions,until we can 100% hear what is being said between refs and the VAR officials on incidents,then there will always be that doubt in people’s minds ..

hasn't corruption and favoritism always favored Liverpool and Man Utd only long before VAR, for some unknown reason, just them two ?

it doesn't make any sense to bring in technology for every decision for the world to see when they can get rid of tech and just flag and blow up for anything they want

hasn't corruption and favoritism always favored Liverpool and Man Utd only long before VAR, for some unknown reason, just them two ?

it doesn't make any sense to bring in technology for every decision for the world to see when they can get rid of tech and just flag and blow up for anything they want
I know you are a big lover of VAR but it simply isn't doing the job it was brought in to do in the PL. There are still dodgy offsides either given or not, there are still dodgy penalties either given or not and still the game refuses to allow the audience to hear the conversations as they do in cricket, rugby etc. It's so far from being transparent it's ridiculous. Three contentious decisions in the rags game and all went their way. It beggars belief that the penalty wasn't given. Even if you accept the ref had a bad view (why didn't the liner help out) VAR had all the angles and it was a clear and obvious error not to award the penalty. Both the VAR and ref should be made to go on some retraining course and they should release the transcripts as to how they made that decision as it wasn't logical. So it's either corrupt, they are shit officials or both.

I know you are a big lover of VAR but it simply isn't doing the job it was brought in to do in the PL. There are still dodgy offsides either given or not, there are still dodgy penalties either given or not and still the game refuses to allow the audience to hear the conversations as they do in cricket, rugby etc. It's so far from being transparent it's ridiculous. Three contentious decisions in the rags game and all went their way. It beggars belief that the penalty wasn't given. Even if you accept the ref had a bad view (why didn't the liner help out) VAR had all the angles and it was a clear and obvious error not to award the penalty. Both the VAR and ref should be made to go on some retraining course and they should release the transcripts as to how they made that decision as it wasn't logical. So it's either corrupt, they are shit officials or both.

I'm not a lover of VAR, I just think it's the way forward for football

as without VAR you can clearly see the refs/lino's are clueless left to themselves

lower leagues without VAR are calling it for it - why if it's such a shambles ?

the technology is improving each season - https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...d-uefa-super-cup-champions-league-2022-08-03/

more transparency is being introduced - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...tch-conversations-referees-VAR-officials.html

and that is what i've been saying all along - they will constantly look at ways to improve the system

we didn't have that option when it's just a ref/lino guessing at decisions

- there will never be a perfect system, and yes even with VAR there's is still controversy and they get it wrong - which is infuriating, but it's still the right way to go

I'm not a lover of VAR, I just think it's the way forward for football

as without VAR you can clearly see the refs/lino's are clueless left to themselves

lower leagues without VAR are calling it for it - why if it's such a shambles ?

the technology is improving each season - https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...d-uefa-super-cup-champions-league-2022-08-03/

more transparency is being introduced - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...tch-conversations-referees-VAR-officials.html

and that is what i've been saying all along - they will constantly look at ways to improve the system

we didn't have that option when it's just a ref/lino guessing at decisions

- there will never be a perfect system, and yes even with VAR there's is still controversy and they get it wrong - which is infuriating, but it's still the right way to go
VAR if implemented correctly is the way forward. This is now the fourth season we have had it in the PL and it's still a shambles and that's the issue. The technology for offsides still isn't good enough to correctly judge whether a player is offside by an inch yet that is what is happening. Why wasn't that penalty awarded for Brighton? Everyone in the ground could see it was a penalty in real time but even allowing for the ref to be momentarily blinded by the sun what was the liner and VAR seeing that nobody else could. Look at De Gea's reaction, he knew it was a penalty the moment it happened. That none decision cannot be put down to inferior technology, it's either a shit number of officials, the game is bent or both. Why aren't the media making more of how shit VAR is, why isn't Potter jumping up and down demanding answers like Lampard did last season, why is the carpet getting bigger and bigger?

VAR if implemented correctly is the way forward. This is now the fourth season we have had it in the PL and it's still a shambles and that's the issue. The technology for offsides still isn't good enough to correctly judge whether a player is offside by an inch yet that is what is happening. Why wasn't that penalty awarded for Brighton? Everyone in the ground could see it was a penalty in real time but even allowing for the ref to be momentarily blinded by the sun what was the liner and VAR seeing that nobody else could. Look at De Gea's reaction, he knew it was a penalty the moment it happened. That none decision cannot be put down to inferior technology, it's either a shit number of officials, the game is bent or both. Why aren't the media making more of how shit VAR is, why isn't Potter jumping up and down demanding answers like Lampard did last season, why is the carpet getting bigger and bigger?
It’s not a shambles. The problem is that there is subjectivity in decisions.

What one ref seems is enough for a foul isn’t the same as every other ref. Therefore, there will always be inconsistencies, whatever system is used.

It wasn't just any ref, this was Paul Tierney.
He's got form for being pro rags and dippers.
Laughed in Foden's face last year when he asked where the card was for Miller's assault on Bernie at Anfield.

He's very poor at disguising the agenda

Handball laws as they currently stand:

It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

I think we can all agree that Ruben didn't move his arm towards the ball. I think we can all agree he didn't make his body unnaturally bigger so why was it a penalty?
I agree. But I also think if that was against us we would be up in arms so to speak.

The rules themselves are shit, it basically says any decision can be construed. And we all know the bias is against City, sometimes it goes out way like rodris Everton handball but on the whole the VAR team are more likely to be anti City fans, they're able to take decisions anominously, or just ignore stuff with impunity.

There's no hard and fast rule but I would like to see indirect free kicks (which always used to be a halfway house in penalty area fouls). Accidental handball would be a free kick rather than a game changing decision from an innocuous moment.

It’s not a shambles. The problem is that there is subjectivity in decisions.

What one ref seems is enough for a foul isn’t the same as every other ref. Therefore, there will always be inconsistencies, whatever system is used.

same for fans with every decision

there will always be contentious issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.