VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
same for fans with every decision

there will always be contentious issues.
I’m not the one you need to convince.

My gripe with VAR is when you are in the stadium. You haven’t a clue what is going on. That’s what needs to change for me.

I’m not the one you need to convince.

My gripe with VAR is when you are in the stadium. You haven’t a clue what is going on. That’s what needs to change for me.

agree - but how do they do this ? they announce of big screen 'checking potential (penalty/red card/offside) etc

could show replays of the incident, but think you'd have thousands of biased fans going mental whatever they show

agree - but how do they do this ? they announce of big screen 'checking potential (penalty/red card/offside) etc

could show replays of the incident, but think you'd have thousands of biased fans going mental whatever they show
You can’t be biased on offsides. They are a matter of fact.

Whats the worst case scenario if a debatable penalty decision doesn’t go the home side’s way? Lots of booing and expletives shouted?

It should be like rugby. Hear the conversation between the ref and TMO.

You can’t be biased on offsides. They are a matter of fact.

Whats the worst case scenario if a debatable penalty decision doesn’t go the home side’s way? Lots of booing and expletives shouted?

It should be like rugby. Hear the conversation between the ref and TMO.

if the offside is millimeters then fans go in uproar 'what angle is that? look at the line drawn' that's not from the point of contact! arrgghh! it's all corrupt ! bla bla

agreed on your second point

3rd point - I agree, but do the crowd in the stadium hear the conversations ?

if the offside is millimeters then fans go in uproar 'what angle is that? look at the line drawn' that's not from the point of contact! arrgghh! it's all corrupt ! bla bla

agreed on your second point

3rd point - I agree, but do the crowd in the stadium hear the conversations ?
Not in the stadium, they wouldn’t as they wouldn’t see that.

City have had 2 offsides change the result, one in the last minute against Spurs in the champions league and one against Liverpool. They were both close and there were no riots.

Fans would learn to be quiet if they could hear the decisions play out.

Fans would learn to be quiet if they could hear the decisions play out.

really not sure a ref talking to VAR team and it playing out loud in the ground is the way to go - could be awful trying to hear them waffling over a decision and the fans getting restless and booing, moaning etc

Handball laws as they currently stand:

It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

I think we can all agree that Ruben didn't move his arm towards the ball. I think we can all agree he didn't make his body unnaturally bigger so why was it a penalty?
The FIRST question the VAR should have asked the referee was, did you see the ball hit Dias’s arm? If the answer was yes, and I’d imagine it was, nothing further needed to happen nor should happen.

really not sure a ref talking to VAR team and it playing out loud in the ground is the way to go - could be awful trying to hear them waffling over a decision and the fans getting restless and booing, moaning etc
So let’s trial it and see what happens.

The biggest problem these days is the Trumpian post-truth attitude a lot of people have.

Fit the narrative to show your team has been wronged, rather than look at why a decision may have been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.