VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone walk away and let this calculated attempt to bolster other team's and potentially hinder us, win?
I'll say one thing for VAR and Pigmol, they ensure we have to play even better and in compliance. At the moment we are usually too good for them, but there will be the odd occasion we're not.

If I get to that point, I’d walk away.

Do you find enjoyment in City wins, or do you linger on the “corrupt” things that happen ”against us”?
I enjoy going to the pub and seeing mates I would not see otherwise. I have met some great London Blues for instance. I then go to the match and enjoy watching Pep and the lads beating the opposition and the three (4) stooges and then I go back to the pub to discuss how good we were.
Having seen all the relegations inc. the dipper and Luton ones, I am not going to walk away now but, var and its shithousery, the way it ruins the moment, everything, means I am three steps closer than even Stuart Pearce could manage.

Reactions: mat
I enjoy going to the pub and seeing mates I would not see otherwise. I have met some great London Blues for instance. I then go to the match and enjoy watching Pep and the lads beating the opposition and the three (4) stooges and then I go back to the pub to discuss how good we were.
Having seen all the relegations inc. the dipper and Luton ones, I am not going to walk away now but, var and its shithousery, the way it ruins the moment, everything, means I am three steps closer than even Stuart Pearce could manage.
Fair enough. Sounds like you’d be out with your mates and the football is the “excuse”.

Fair enough. Sounds like you’d be out with your mates and the football is the “excuse”.
No as I said, it is to meet others. The lads I go to the match with, I see on a Friday night anyway.
I did home and aways, reserves and youth teams when we were down with the dead men, i wrote stuff for a fanzine and did a mini version for a supporters club (hence my user name) City is in my blood, football isn't. I couldn't tell you who Chelseas forwards are. I have no interest if Son Yung Min is spelt correctly, is a forward, midfielder or a jehovahs witness (I know he plays for Spurs)
Var, Sky, stupid kick off times, money-greed, sanitisation all are killing the game and turning it into a themed day out.

Call it corruption or cheating or whatever,but there is certainly a bias or favouritism towards certain teams,now with VAR it’s easier to award or turn a blind eye on decisions,until we can 100% hear what is being said between refs and the VAR officials on incidents,then there will always be that doubt in people’s minds ..

Call it corruption or cheating or whatever,but there is certainly a bias or favouritism towards certain teams,now with VAR it’s easier to award or turn a blind eye on decisions,until we can 100% hear what is being said between refs and the VAR officials on incidents,then there will always be that doubt in people’s minds ..
Add to that until they explain why a decision was/ wasn't made.

No as I said, it is to meet others. The lads I go to the match with, I see on a Friday night anyway.
I did home and aways, reserves and youth teams when we were down with the dead men, i wrote stuff for a fanzine and did a mini version for a supporters club (hence my user name) City is in my blood, football isn't. I couldn't tell you who Chelseas forwards are. I have no interest if Son Yung Min is spelt correctly, is a forward, midfielder or a jehovahs witness (I know he plays for Spurs)
Var, Sky, stupid kick off times, money-greed, sanitisation all are killing the game and turning it into a themed day out.
Seems strange that you know about VAR issues in non-City games then if thats all you watch.

Why would anyone walk away and let this calculated attempt to bolster other team's and potentially hinder us, win?
I'll say one thing for VAR and Pigmol, they ensure we have to play even better and in compliance. At the moment we are usually too good for them, but there will be the odd occasion we're not.

Wasn’t football meant to be corrupt before VAR ?
Refs a cheat, fergie time etc etc ?

Seems strange that you know about VAR issues in non-City games then if thats all you watch.
I come on BM and in here for a start. Its hardly ignored by other City fans. We do talk football in the pub so we do talk about corrupt/crap decisions. I didn't say I spent my entire day in a darkened room ignoring the entire world.
I'm not sure why you find it so hard to understand. You said if people thought it was corrupt why didn't they walk away, I answered you.

Possible misinterpretation?
Carragher said that as the onfield ref is going to the monitor, the VAR is explaining why it should be overturned, and he didn't think it was a good thing to happen.

should be read as

Carragher said that as the onfield ref is going to the monitor, the VAR is explaining why it should be overturned, and he (CARRAGHER) didn't think it was a good thing to happen (i.e. the explanation of why VAR thought it was wrong).
Ahhh, I'll pay that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.