VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched some highlights and I gave up after I saw Gomez's sending off as a result of VAR. The two handball decisions earlier were again stupid. The ball in both instances accidentally hit the arm. It seems the VAR official had been given a brown envelope to seriously influence the game. Don't know who the commentators were but their consensus was that VAR has completely ruined the game.
As for Mahrez's penalty he should have gone to the other side where he usually puts them. The goalie knew where it went last week so he opted to go that way, made a fine save because Mahrez had obliged.
Gomez did foul him though. Tbh I thought that was a good use of var.

Well if I went on a West Ham forum and droned on and on and on about VAR and Gareth Fucking Southgate I would expect to get slung off.
Why? He can post about what the fuck he wants. If you want an echo chamber then Bluemoon isn’t for you I’m afraid.

Oh and I disagree with a lot @BlueHammer85 posts but he like everyone else is entitled to their viewpoint.

Why? He can post about what the fuck he wants. If you want an echo chamber then Bluemoon isn’t for you I’m afraid.

Oh and I disagree with a lot @BlueHammer85 posts but he like everyone else is entitled to their viewpoint.
He is - but he should also be able to put up with the onslaught for his constant defending the indefensible in the light of all the contrary evidence - instead of belittling it as "knee jerk" or objecting to being "tagged".

I don’t go down the corruption road , seen as every club including United/Liverpool feel hard done by with VAR and officials - but certainly can’t dispute your main point of transparency and having us hear officials reasoning although I’m not sure that will totally satisfy - but Rugby does seem to showing how it can work.
Did you watch our game last night or are you trolling blind again?

'No one knows what constitutes handball anymore'.
I agree with you. The obvious answer is Var should not be used.
I accept TV cameras make it harder but every schoolboy knew what handball was. A deliberate motion of the arm to block the ball. Why did the suits ever think they needed to change it ?
We know have the stupid spectacle of a player trying to stay on his feet whilst holding 2 hands behind his back.
And if that’s not an ‘unnatural position’ I don’t know what is.

He is - but he should also be able to put up with the onslaught for his constant defending the indefensible in the light of all the contrary evidence - instead of belittling it as "knee jerk" or objecting to being "tagged".
To be fair why should he or anyone else who’s in favour of VAR get tagged anyway, I’m still 50/50 on it and actually think it’d be fine if they would let us see and hear what they were saying, and I mean at the time not afterwards.
Nothing can be said about those decisions last night, the Ref should have known the correct rules and awarded Rhodri’s goal, the second handball was a farce and as for him not showing the red straight away shows how out of his depth he actually was.

Whether it's a goal scoring opportunity.
Understand, but my point comparing it to how cricket (and rugby) apply it relates to the public seeing the replays whilst listening to the conversation between VAR officials and ref.

At the moment, football is a closed shop with Stockley Pk and the Ref being the only participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.