VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Var isn't the issue it's the refs and the officials interpretion of laws and not applying them correctly imo
Sort of agree , i dont think the tech is specific enough , fast enough for offsides , there seems to be the ability to manipulate that a bit , totally agree with the people running it , no consistency , even within the same game . Yesterday was a demonstration on how not to use it , the ref looked stupid and wrong decisions were forced on him

Sort of agree , i dont think the tech is specific enough , fast enough for offsides , there seems to be the ability to manipulate that a bit , totally agree with the people running it , no consistency , even within the same game . Yesterday was a demonstration on how not to use it , the ref looked stupid and wrong decisions were forced on him
I wouldn't call it forced but sheer incompetence because at the end of the day he's primarily responsible for the calls, if you can't figure out whether it was a deliberate hand ball or not from TV replays then this job isn't for you, it was one of the most absurd decisions ever

Let's face it, we can all rant but, even if a vast majority of fans don't think the benefits of VAR (or how it is introduced) outweigh the negatives, especially the spontaneity of celebration, VAR isn't going anywhere. The only question is how it can be improved and I think most posters can agree on some aspects of that. So why doesn't it happen?

Actually, thinking about that. Mic'ing up the refs wouldn't have helped clarity too much last night. Portuguese discussions for Danish and British fans .... Maybe make them all speak English. Bloody foreigners.

I wouldn't call it forced but sheer incompetence because at the end of the day he's primarily responsible for the calls, if you can't figure out whether it was a deliberate hand ball or not from TV replays then this job isn't for you, it was one of the most absurd decisions ever
I think it was the red card visit to the monitor that he looked for ages , turned away and went to walk off but half turned back , he wasnt sure, god knows what was being said to him in his ear

Let's face it, we can all rant but, even if a vast majority of fans don't think the benefits of VAR (or how it is introduced) outweigh the negatives, especially the spontaneity of celebration, VAR isn't going anywhere. The only question is how it can be improved and I think most posters can agree on some aspects of that. So why doesn't it happen?

Actually, thinking about that. Mic'ing up the refs wouldn't have helped clarity too much last night. Portuguese discussions for Danish and British fans .... Maybe make them all speak English. Bloody foreigners.

Also, (for example) what if fans are outraged over a handball given in the box

and we get to hear the officials - ref' I think the ball hit him on the hands, pretty sure it's intentional what do you think?'' VAR team ''we think so too''

thats it? how will that satisfy anyone that feels it's the wrong decision?

Don’t think that can be a handball offence mate. Indirect free kick, handball is a penner :)
Had a look at Law 12, they refer to the goalkeeper touching the ball twice after a restart, including with the hands. Indirect free kick but sanctioned if DOGSO. Not sure how that would work in practice, but there we are.

and we get to hear the officials - ref' I think the ball hit him on the hands, pretty sure it's intentional what do you think?'' VAR team ''we think so too''

Did you watch the game last night ? If so talk me through all the visits to the monitor , how long or short a time and was the decisions correct by the laws of handball , ta

Surely there must be some guidelines for determining a deliberate action. Not looking? Accidental. Moving arm towards the ball? No? Accidental. Arm not in unusual position? Accidental. No time to react? Accidental.

That's my other pet peeve. Referees have guidelines to work under, but no-one knows what they are. Make them public. Let's hear them discuss their application. I am guessing 75% of what fans think are mistakes are actually referees applying guidelines properly but how the hell do we know that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.