VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 minutes to decide Kane was offside.

I reckon the refs read this and other forums and are now just taking the piss.
If you need that amount of time something is wrong with the product and the way it is used. We will soon get to the stage where 10 minutes is the norm, they will throw in an ad break (the yank owners would love that) to keep the armchair fan occupied
I await a Varist on here to say why it is better to take 4-5 minutes than wrongly award a goal.

If you need that amount of time something is wrong with the product and the way it is used. We will soon get to the stage where 10 minutes is the norm, they will throw in an ad break (the yank owners would love that) to keep the armchair fan occupied
I await a Varist on here to say why it is better to take 4-5 minutes than wrongly award a goal.
Yeah, but it was Spurs.

That amount of delay is simply farcical - can’t defend VAR when it takes that long to get a subjective decision

Funny that it was spurs though

In that case it’s just the length of time it takes for the decision in this instance

I want VAR to stay - but fans will eventually lose patience with the game if you have to wait ages for a decision after a crucial goal has been scored
Sure and it will get quicker, but if you watch cricket, there are quite a few instances of “waiting for ball tracker to load” or “best side on angle”.

This decision might help sway opinion of VAR on here after the Sterling disallowed goal a few years back.

First thing I thought after seeing it was now they know what it feels like!

Very quickly changed to VAR is simply not worth the impact it has on the matchgoing fan though. Ours against them and theirs tonight are the extreme versions of it in terms of when it happened during the game and the level of emotion felt when the goals originally were given. I hate that it’s made that initial emotion a potentially invalid reaction, I’d still rather deal with the incorrect decisions than I would
the feeling of goals like that being subsequently disallowed.

Never going to happen now though, the very least they have to do is put a time limit in. They also need to lift its implementation up a level so it’s consistently applied across leagues and competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.