VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just that that they may be listening to the commentary, it's all the other crap on top. The PiGMOL/PL/FA'S flat refusal to address the huge issue of inconsistencies with VAR as a whole (whether purposeful inconsistencies or otherwise) is borderline criminal when you consider that results equate to millions of pounds of sponsorship and prize money across all competitions.

Yes, inconsistencies existed pre-VAR, but not to the level we are seeing week-in-week-out with a technology that was supposed to make it better.

I was addressing the direct point a few people have made that they’re convinced the VAR are listening in on TV commentary. I’m just at a loss as to why anyone would think that? I can think of about a dozen reasons why they wouldn’t and zero why they would.

Your point that decisions have got more inconsistent I’d also probably disagree with. I think people’s definition of what is inconsistent has probably got narrower. We can all find two similar incidents from different games with different referees with different outcomes and use it as an example. Unfortunately that was the case pre VAR and is always going to be the case. Two, or even four different men are going to see similar things slightly differently on different days.

What VAR has done is completely taken away glaringly obvious mistakes. Whether it be a bloke half a yard offside, an undeniable foul, an obvious handball.

But while people are convincing themselves that incidents like the Haaland non penalty against Brighton falls into that category then you are never going to convince them that is the case.

Have to admit a farcical wait for the Spurs goal at the end, nearly 4 mins to make the decision - they simply need to speed up decisions

On the bright side it was against Spurs

I was addressing the direct point a few people have made that they’re convinced the VAR are listening in on TV commentary. I’m just at a loss as to why anyone would think that? I can think of about a dozen reasons why they wouldn’t and zero why they would.

Your point that decisions have got more inconsistent I’d also probably disagree with. I think people’s definition of what is inconsistent has probably got narrower. We can all find two similar incidents from different games with different referees with different outcomes and use it as an example. Unfortunately that was the case pre VAR and is always going to be the case. Two, or even four different men are going to see similar things slightly differently on different days.

What VAR has done is completely taken away glaringly obvious mistakes. Whether it be a bloke half a yard offside, an undeniable foul, an obvious handball.

But while people are convincing themselves that incidents like the Haaland non penalty against Brighton falls into that category then you are never going to convince them that is the case.
What happens in the games that aren’t live on Sky?

Does VAR listen to what Neville and Carragher are saying from their houses?

Have to admit a farcical wait for the Spurs goal at the end, nearly 4 mins to make the decision - they simply need to speed up decisions

On the bright side it was against Spurs
This decision might help sway opinion of VAR on here after the Sterling disallowed goal a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.