VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not, Mr Mist. I’m all for changing and adapting VAR and/or LOTG that need it.

What I don’t do is come on here and howl corruption every time a contentious decision goes differently to how they perceive it should have gone.

Even mention i'm happy to scrap VAR and I get belters

would rather we keep it and find ways to improve it as I know the alternative is ridiculous ref decisions on a more regular basis but if everyone would be happy to go back to that and not scream corruption when decisions go against them then so be it for me.

Even mention i'm happy to scrap VAR and I get belters

would rather we keep it and find ways to improve it as I know the alternative is ridiculous ref decisions on a more regular basis but if everyone would be happy to go back to that and not scream corruption when decisions go against them then so be it for me.
I guess reading this thread would give the authorities reason to not broadcast what the officials say as any decision that goes against their team or for a rival’s team and the LOTG are trotted out and forensically examined concluding in corruption and bias every time.

Until fans are able to calmly and rationally debate decisions, we will always have threads like this on every club’s forums, VAR or no VAR.

But why on earth would they want to listen to the commentary in the first place?
It's not just that that they may be listening to the commentary, it's all the other crap on top. The PiGMOL/PL/FA'S flat refusal to address the huge issue of inconsistencies with VAR as a whole (whether purposeful inconsistencies or otherwise) is borderline criminal when you consider that results equate to millions of pounds of sponsorship and prize money across all competitions.

Yes, inconsistencies existed pre-VAR, but not to the level we are seeing week-in-week-out with a technology that was supposed to make it better.

I guess reading this thread would give the authorities reason to not broadcast what the officials say as any decision that goes against their team or for a rival’s team and the LOTG are trotted out and forensically examined concluding in corruption and bias every time.

Until fans are able to calmly and rationally debate decisions, we will always have threads like this on every club’s forums, VAR or no VAR.
Indeed. But that is all we can do, take to social media platforms to vent our collective spleens. And it's difficult not to get pissed off when you see a player carded for some misdemeanour or other, and then in another game, for the exact same thing the ref waves play on.

We'll see things through blue tinted specs, and other fans will see through their own particular colours, but the one thing that unites all football fans is how poorly this new technology is being used in the game when it could be one of the best things to happen in football. And the fault for that is surely down to PigMol.
So it's either incompetence or something more sinister.

Indeed. But that is all we can do, take to social media platforms to vent our collective spleens. And it's difficult not to get pissed off when you see a player carded for some misdemeanour or other, and then in another game, for the exact same thing the ref waves play on.

We'll see things through blue tinted specs, and other fans will see through their own particular colours, but the one thing that unites all football fans is how poorly this new technology is being used in the game when it could be one of the best things to happen in football. And the fault for that is surely down to PigMol.
So it's either incompetence or something more sinister.
It isn’t all you could do.

Venting on here gets nobody anywhere.

Similarly, suggesting if X had happened to us it wouldn’t have happened to another team is a waste of time too.

It isn’t all you could do.

Venting on here gets nobody anywhere.

Similarly, suggesting if X had happened to us it wouldn’t have happened to another team is a waste of time too.

Dear Lord, it's a football forum, not the Oxford Union. It's a place where City fans can come and vent about anything that happens to City and they shouldn't be judged for it. Venting is cathartic and, what's more, it's funny as fuck to read. If I wanted worthless intellectual discussion I would read the Guardian.

Dear Lord, it's a football forum, not the Oxford Union. It's a place where City fans can come and vent about anything that happens to City and they shouldn't be judged for it. Venting is cathartic and, what's more, it's funny as fuck to read. If I wanted worthless intellectual discussion I would read the Guardian.
Lol, my apologies.

99% of this thread is chatting shit. You want it to be 100%. Like VAR, you’ll never get 100% of what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.