VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few angry hot heads that prefer to shout and throw tantrums than reasonably debate
It does seem that way, but maybe I’ll get a reply suggesting what I’ve done wrong.

Otherwise, it’s a clear case if playing the man, not the ball and that VAR need to check whether it was deliberate or not. ;-)

For anyone interested in an actual proper explanation of the Kane incident the other night and an explanation as to why it took so long.

—-

e33507950e2ec52e21ebc2adf965c897.jpg

b97b954abfb08f671a238c1d9de1dd34.jpg

f0a913599977d448acd43cedec201448.jpg

86ddb2b24312fb597a3521528d6ae827.jpg
If football fans need an explanation that long and that complicated then the game is well and truly fucked.
No ifs or buts, just fucked.

it is quite easy to fix if you fix the the laws surrorunding it

offside - any attaick player whos body fully ahead of a defending one in the defenders half _ not a shpulder, or a toe or half a body no stupid lines.

handball - if a player moves their hand/lower arm to block the ball or move it then it's hand ball, not if it bounces onto it of if they are smacked with it.

passage of play - if an offence is missed and the game continues for 3 passes or more then that passage of play is over and cannot be brought back to be reviewed in the event of a goal being scored.

VAR fails becaise the laws have been over complicated to make.them ambiguous in interpretation

it is quite easy to fix if you fix the the laws surrorunding it

offside - any attaick player whos body fully ahead of a defending one in the defenders half _ not a shpulder, or a toe or half a body no stupid lines.

handball - if a player moves their hand/lower arm to block the ball or move it then it's hand ball, not if it bounces onto it of if they are smacked with it.

passage of play - if an offence is missed and the game continues for 3 passes or more then that passage of play is over and cannot be brought back to be reviewed in the event of a goal being scored.

VAR fails becaise the laws have been over complicated to make.them ambiguous in interpretation
OK with the first two but 3 passes is too short. A ball can ping around in a couple of seconds with teams like City. It needs another measure, not passes or touches.

OK with the first two but 3 passes is too short. A ball can ping around in a couple of seconds with teams like City. It needs another measure, not passes or touches.
maybe but things like fodens goal and other instances for different teams where the passage of play has carried on for several passes and in some cases even had throw ins or cormers only to be dragged back for an incident that has passed, of all the VAR decission this one annoys me most, the gameplay has carried on too far to pull it back imho, it causes confusion and anger on the pitch and in stands

Does anyone thinks this is what the offside rule is there for ?

It's pretty funny actually. This semi-automated thing was supposed to eliminate controversy by being 100% accurate, and then in the first few rounds of games, we find out the system can't use ball position for the actual off-side decision, so they have to get the manual lines out again.

I think the FIFA version at the world cup does have a ball sensor, but if they can use that to calibrate offside is a different question. Let's see how that works out.

There is a "law" for this isn't there? No matter how good you think something is, something somewhere will find a way to screw it up. There is another law. The more accurate you try to be, the more ways there are to screw it up.

Btw, I haven't seen much of the other games apart from ours, but how often was the SAOT shown on screen? I think I remember seeing it once? How was it for the other games?

Does anyone thinks this is what the offside rule is there for ?
Many laws of the game need to have view of "the spirit" of the law

Many years ago the GK picking up the ball when it was passed back to him was outlawed
At first every time the GK picked the ball up when it came back to him from a teammate was punished Then the reason for the law, cut out time wasting, was taken into account and it is to this day virtually redundant
I'm sure that offside was introduced to prevent "goal hanging" and for nearly a century linesmen did a great job in flagging yes, there were mistakes but most were small fractions of a foot or so. The only ones I believe that VAR should be involved in is the clear and obvious ones, the Spurs goal v City a number of seasons ago and one LFC scored in the title run in for example
VAR is now being used to laboratory measure the position of a player and it was not what offside was introduced for, it is ruling out good goals, and the Kane one the other night would have stood if a lino made the decision, as much as I enjoy the Spuds suffering I hate what they have done to the game with this idiot interpretation to suit VAR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.